Financial Controller –Thunder Bay, ON
Kiikenomaga Kikenjigewen Employment and Training Services (KKETS) is dedicated to creating a highly skilled Aboriginal workforce for all Matawa First Nations. KKETS will assist and support Matawa First Nations members of all ages in achieving their personal employment, training and educational aspirations.
KKETS is seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Financial Controller to join our team. The Financial Controller is responsible for all the accounting activities and financial management of the organization and its Programs. This role is vital to supporting the organization and supporting the managers in meeting their objectives and contributing to the overall success of KKETS and its Programs.
Key Desired Qualifications;
- A University degree in accounting/business administration with professional designation
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work related experience in accounting and financial management
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is proficient with working with accounting systems and with financial management
- Oversee, and perform as necessary, all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- You will be a good team player with excellent communication skills to enable you to liaise comfortably with the KKETS team, vendors and external agencies
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and the ability to work independently is essential for this position
- General knowledge and understanding of KKETS program and services, First Nation communities and culture is essential
Please visit our website at www.matawa.on.ca for a detailed job description and required qualifications.
Deadline to apply: December 15, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Remuneration: This is a full time position; salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please submit cover letter with resume and three employment references to:
Kiikenomaga Kikenjigewen Employment and Training Services
Attention: Executive Director
RE: Financial Controller Competition
28 N. Cumberland Street, 3rd Floor, Thunder Bay ON P7A 4K9 Or Fax to: (807) 768-4471
Or Email to: [email protected]
We thank all who are interested; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.