Financial Coordinator (Permanent Full-time) – We offer flexible and remote working conditions, learning opportunities, and meaningful work.
Shared Value Solutions (SVS) is a growing consulting firm based in Guelph, Ontario that offers its employees flexibility, excellent learning opportunities, and the ability to work with amazing people on a daily basis.
SVS staff have the autonomy and support to grow their careers in the direction they choose to help meet our collective mission of a land where all peoples can reach their full potential, share prosperity and uphold their rights. We are aligned in our commitment to doing good work in both our local and client communities, and we are known for our fun company culture and our commitment to providing excellent client service.
Please send your resume to [email protected] by May 17, 2021.
A few more key points about SVS:
- Our company is filled with individuals who like taking initiative and thinking outside of the box.
- We believe in creating shared value in every project we work on. We assist Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and private sector companies in coming together to create shared value for all parties involved.
- We are a Certified B Corp. We believe business should be about making a difference and doing good for both people and places.
We’re looking for a Financial Coordinator to fill a permanent Full-Time position. 37.5 hours/week. We’re offering a competitive and negotiable pay range.
- We offer flexible working arrangements so that you can work from home most of the time and come into the office a couple of times a week as needed.
- We have an incredibly unique company culture that allows us to shine positive lights on our failures and work in an environment where we can learn and grow together, all while doing meaningful work.
- University Degree or College Diploma in finance/business administration or related field
- 1-3 years of professional experience in Financial Coordination role or equivalent
- High commitment to client satisfaction and doing good work
- Previous accounts receivable and accounts payable experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and look for and suggest innovations
- Extensive Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Experience using accounting software such as Ajera, QuickBooks, or Sage
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks in accordance with internal procedures
- Accounts payable support such as processing vendor invoices, scheduling and preparing disbursements, and obtaining payment authorizations
- Accounts receivable support such as preparing and mailing client invoices, contacting clients to help resolve payment issues, and reconciling accounts on a monthly basis
- Billing and collections follow-up phone calls
- Financial Reporting such as compiling segments of monthly closings and annual reports
- Perform related clerical duties such as word processing, maintaining digital and paper filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying, and making bank deposits
- Maintain all accounting ledgers by posting account transactions
- Identify and resolve any accounting discrepancies
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents
- Maintain cash receipts journals
- Booking travel for our consultants
- Working closely with the operations team to support SVS staff and the workplace
- Purchase office and field work supplies, check incoming mail and ship parcels, check inventory, and perform other office duties as needed
Experience working in an environmental consulting company, working with Indigenous communities
Let us know if you speak:
French, Cree, Ojibway, Oji-Cree, Innu, or other languages that might be useful for this position.
We are on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron People. We honour the original ancestors of this land and also offer respect to our Haudenosaunee, Anishinaabe, Mississauga and Métis neighbours. We strive to be accountable by acknowledging this history and cultivating respect in our relationships with our Indigenous neighbours and the land.
Our main office is located in downtown Guelph close to public transit, restaurants, and parks. We have employees working from home-based offices in Alberta, British Columbia New Brunswick, Ontario, and Quebec.
Summing it Up – Why should you apply?
- Fun company culture
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Meaningful work
In the spirit of reconciliation and diversity, we are committed to increasing our number of Indigenous employees. Please let us know in your application if you are First Nations, Metis or Inuit.
Send your application to [email protected] by May 17, 2021.