Date: May 3, 2021
Location: Sudbury, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
42790 – Sudbury – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Under the direction of the COM, be responsible for the assigned construction and maintenance of area transmission and distribution systems.
- Supervise all levels of staff reporting.
- Administer applicable policies and procedures.
- Assess, plan, budget and schedule section work.
- Be accountable for the safety of the unit.
- Monitor work in progress, review work methods and ensure that appropriate materials, tools and transport and work equipment are available.
- Administer and monitor contract work.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of public and employee relations.
- Ensure that staff are adequately trained.
- Provide necessary data and reports on section activities.
- Supervise subordinate supervisors and crews of tradespersons performing work on all types of transmission and distribution equipment.
- Ensure discipline is maintained.
- Monitor work performance of crews in such areas as quality and quantity of work, timekeeping, conduct and cost effectiveness.
- Execute annual work program, monitor program status and report progress.
- Assign appropriate portions of work program to subordinate supervisors.
- Provide safety leadership to the unit. Liaise with public.
- Administer and monitor outside line resources (contractor and construction).
- Ensure appropriate tools, and transport and work equipment to meet work program needs are available and maintained.
We will require a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience as a supervisor in the electrical utility industry. You are detail oriented and have exceptional problem solving, planning, project management, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and computer skills.
To be considered, candidates must possess as a minimum:
- MEA (EDA) Journeyman Power Lineperson Certification with ten years related experience
- Red Seal is an asset
- Ability to develop and implement plans and budgets and allocate resources
- Knowledge of the Electrical Safety Authority Regulation 22/04 and E&USA rule book, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Utility Work Protection Code, WHMIS, CPR, First Aid and all other applicable legislation.
- Demonstrates a strong personal commitment to the customer and business unit initiatives.
- Possesses effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Interacts with others, employees, employee representatives and customers, in a manner which enhances co- operative working relations, trust and mutual respect.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to developing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Assumes accountability for decisions made and results, while empowering others to maximize their involvement and contribution to the success of the work unit.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics, performance management, and an effective personal work management approach which assumes work is organized and delivered on a timely and quality basis.
- Valid Class “DZ” drivers license with an excellent driving record
- Experience in use of MS Office products, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Windows operating system
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: May 17, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Electrical, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Project Manager, Engineering, Human Resources, Technology