Grid Operations Supervisor – Dashboards and Reporting
Date: Dec 15, 2020
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40567 – Barrie – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The Performance and Business Reporting (“PBR”) team is responsible for operational outage data review and reporting, the creation of operational dashboards and scorecards, Outage Response Management System (“ORMS”) model maintenance, testing, and sustainment, Network Outage Management System (“NOMS”) sustainment, transmission cable locates, and custom tool and application development.
Grid Operations Supervisors are responsible for directly overseeing a team of Grid Operations Technologists in the execution of these duties, as well as leading and/or providing subject matter expertise towards the successful execution of various organizational or departmental projects. They prioritize and assign work, provide direction and technical guidance, and guide employee engagement and development.
We’re looking for a passionate Grid Operations Supervisor – Dashboards & Reporting to come work alongside us to take on some interesting and impactful problems in System Operations. Reporting into the Manager, Performance and Business Reporting (“PBR”), the Grid Operations Supervisor – Dashboards & Reporting will work in a dynamic environment, one where we embrace moving quickly in order to drive operational improvements and efficiencies. They work with System Operation’s management to build performance targets and reporting systems that measure operational performance and efficiency and influence long-term strategy via strategic thinking, analytical problem-solving and critical insights.
- Supervise a team to build, test, deploy and maintain reusable decision-making tools and reports utilizing Outage Management System (OMS) application data (or similar).
- Assemble a team with required System Operations stakeholders to gather reporting requirements and to facilitate monthly status updates on outstanding action items as well as re-prioritize with the teams input when new items come up that take priority.
- Review, revise and coordinate existing management reporting systems with a view to assessing their impact to ensure these systems reflect the division’s needs
- Design new management reporting systems the division needs to execute its strategy effectively
- Interpret the outputs of those management reporting systems to evaluate people, projects, and processes, and propose changes to both the systems and the strategy when circumstances warrant
- Spread the adoption and use of dashboards
- Equip decision-makers with custom and insightful operational dashboards and scorecards
- Explore and expand reporting capability using broader data sets including Distribution Management System (“DMS”) data and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (“AMI”) data
- Supervise, plan and organize staff engaged in work activities such as internal/external communications, administrative support services for MasterCard maintenance, timesheet preparation and corrections.
- Schedule and assign work to staff with instructions, direct them on their problem areas and review and evaluate their performance.
- Develop and implement work procedures and systems required.
- Establish performance measures and perform reviews.
- Provide clear expectations and meaningful feedback. Provide guidance, assistance and support to staff in the resolution of personnel problems and establish and maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
- Assist the Manager in the planning of work programs, budgets, departmental performance reports and other activities.
- Provide assistance during storm/emergency situations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires strong communication skills, verbal and written to effectively interact with internal and external contacts
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize relentlessly
- Requires a knowledge of electrical engineering principles, management science and business disciplines including performance statistics, computer science and data modelling, in order to undertake detailed analyses of outage management system performance.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard technologies
- Familiarity with applications, tools and technologies that enable big data analytics in the utility industry
- Familiarity with models to predict future trends and use them to inform business strategy
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team or group of staff with diverse accountabilities driving towards common goals
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Evidence of substantial body of work in data science and big data analytics
- Demonstrated ability to extract strategic business insights from data and efficiently communicate them to stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to solve business problems using analytics and/or data science, independently
- Strategic and tactical mindset with the ability to translate strategic directives into actionable outcomes
- Strong relationship building skills with both an internal and external focus.
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills
- Experience with various management systems such as Outage Management Systems (“OMS”) and Distribution Management Systems (“DMS”) reporting.
- Experience in a data analytics role or business analysis role is ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Economics; Finance; Operations Management; Quantitative Methods, Management, Leadership and Organizations; Strategy or equivalent work experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 4 2021