Head of Business Management and Sales Effectiveness : 0000844O
Employment Type: Regular
- Managing and interpreting data and MI/BI to drive business performance and ensure implementation plans are executed efficiently. A key liaison with FIN / Strategy & Planning on ROPs, strategic planning, and MTO support etc., as guided by country RBWM head for implementation.
- Acting as a primary liason with the Branch Network, the job holder will represent the “voice” of the Branch to ensure connectivity in execution of strategy. This role has the responsibility of ‘people’ elements of the business which include incentive plan, front line coaching and education, KPI management. Manage and drive all initiatives pertaining to sales support, sales process design, sales performance analysis across all distribution channels.
- Build and manage a team with solid front line knowledge, to act as primary advisors on front line execution to RBWM Senior Management team and Global Functions, can act as SMEs/business owner on new development projects (local and global)
Impact on the Business
- Responsible to review and interpret performance metrics from Finance and Analytics and provide recommendations to the senior team within Business Performance (BP) to drive performance through multi-channels as well as optimization of all RBWM products to achieve maximum returns
- Provide data and analysis to ensure the optimization of all RBWM retail deposit and lending products, including pricing, to achieve maximum returns
- Oversee the development and implementation of an effective Incentive Plan to create a pay for performance sales and management culture that motivates and rewards the best
- Create an efficient and effective business model in the delivery of the TBM
- Partnership with Finance on ROPs, reporting, MTOs planning and projections
- Design RBWM Sales & Trading MI / key measures /reporting requirements that monitor and showcase the performance of all RBWM metrics (deposit, lending, pricing, NII, NIR etc.) against plan and competitor
- Oversee and manage KPI Reporting, support front-line in comprehension of reporting to drive business results
- Operating as SME to facilitate new product developments are in line with global product manufacturing processes, HBCA strategy (local and global) and also meet customer and market needs. This includes evaluation of business cases and ultimately become the business owner for the new development
- Responsible for the development (local) and implementation (local and global) of all sales coaching and education initiatives, ensuring all roles within RBWM have a training path that provide sufficient resources to deliver an effective consultative sales experience
- Partnership with L & D to evaluate all training programs and provide guidance on future initiatives
- Design, implement and manage consistent Sales Process
- Provide sales support by leading the evaluation and creation of sales tools and scripts that support the sales process and lead generation.
- Coordinate and oversee the management of Sales Campaigns and Branch Activity Calendar
- Complete Front-line system usability study and provide guidance on training required to ensure Staff’s competency of all HSBC systems.
- Oversee the continual evaluation of processes and services across functions to streamline the Retail Bank in support of the RBWM strategy
Customers / Stakeholders
- Responsible for stakeholder management across RBWM functional Heads to establish key measures/targets and performance objectives to drive performance and in line with RBWM strategy
- Partnership with Finance and business units on ROP and MTO planning
- Responsible to solicit, interpret and communicate the “voice” of the RBWM Branch Network
- Working with RBWM team , L &D, external vendors to develop, define and implement coaching roadmap, training paths and sales process.
- Work with Finance and Analytics to establish and communicate business requirements to support Sales Performance Management initiatives
- Partnership with DA to manage the identification of opportunities to retain and deepen customer relationships and increase their profitability through a value exchange based on channel suitability
- Represent HBCA RBWM’s interests and status in forums as assigned and review strategies/policy on behalf of RBWM, consolidating responses and providing feedback and advice.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Partnership with Finance and across RBWM business, working with internal and external parties
- In partnership with Head of Business Steering: monitoring / tracking performance and determine corrective actions
- Lead and coordinate target setting and performance objectives for sales force within RBWM
- Oversee and/or coordinate Sales Effectiveness function within RBWM including coaching, training paths, tools and resources
- Foster an environment of teamwork, ensuring collaboration throughout the organization
- Define and make business recommendations providing guidance to RBWM Leadership team on strategies to improve business performance
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Lead and/or coordinate strategic projects, analysis and presentations on behalf of RBWM team
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Document and communicate the progress against plan, determining recommended actions as required to business unit Heads
- Ongoing review and monitor of sales targets and performance objectives against plan and resources alignment
- Ensures professional standards of business conduct, consistent with HSBC’s reputation
- Implement group policy locally, maintain internal control standards
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The Global economic crisis has had a profound impact on the Financial Services Industry. Intense competition, strong domestic brands continue to dominate, new alternative delivery channels along with increasing customer demands present a challenging competitive environment
- Challenge status quo, and identify opportunities to improve business performance
- Engaging, motivating and retaining an effective sales force
- Effectively stakeholder management across local and global functions and business areas of HSBC
- Planning, governance and communication – ensure strategic initiatives deployed consistently across RBWM
- Ensure a close connection between market trends/client needs and ultimate product/channel delivery and business
- strategy, driving projects in response to market changes and opportunities and in line with Retail Banking
- Day-to-day internal working relationships are with:
- Business units – ensuring people management and controls are in place, adequate and protect the business, tracking and remediation of issues.
- Internal areas – ensuring proper communication and providing input into changes, initiatives, and acting as the business representative for RBWM
- Regular external working relationships are with:
- Consulting firms
- Market Research Firms, i.e. Investor Economics
- Regular office operating conditions. Minimum travel; Site visits to RBWM Partners and Branch Network as required.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- To implement the Group Compliance policy locally by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
- Minimum of 10 years proven and broad based experience or equivalent, including financial analysis experience in sales, customer segmentation, competitive landscape in financial industry
- Working knowledge and experience in front-line sales
- Experience in planning and project management leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to persuade and/or influence others in order to provide and obtain information relevant to the programs.
- Excellent working knowledge of management principles and sales processes
- Ability to accurately evaluate information and present recommendations based on facts
- Capable to make performance projection outcomes for specific actions and or strategies
- Successful project and staff management
- Wide knowledge of HSBC policies, procedures, and risk management frameworks
- Qualifications would include an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or a related field. Professional qualifications in Financial Management would be an advantage to and typical for this role.
- Understand the RBWM strategy and collaborate with the business to accomplish this strategy
- Highly developed inter-personal skills for dealing with a diverse range of senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated business knowledge, such as experience leading a P&L unit
- Strong strategic planning, organizational, decision-making, problem-solving, analytical, negotiation, project management, and team-building skills
- Strong ability to use numerical data to develop tactical plans within the broad context of strategic plans and change them as warranted by results.
- Proven ability in creating, implementing and assessing sales processes and sales support tools
- Sound understanding of the customer segments, products offered and the competitive market
- Understand and interpret complex business requirements
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to use MI and numerical data to develop tactical plans within the broad context of strategic plans and change them as warranted by results.
Job Field : Retail / Branch Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 14-Dec-2016, 13:13:44 Unposting Date : 16-Dec-2016, 23:59:00