Head of Commodity & Structured Trade Finance Transaction Management : 000081TB
Company Name: HSBC Bank Canada
Address: 70 York Street, Toronto, ON , M5J 1S9 – Canada
Title of Position: Head of Commodity & Structured Trade Finance Transaction Management
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent – 37.5 hours per week
Wage Range: 110,000 – 140,000 CAD per annum + Discretionary Bonus
Benefits Package: Extended Medical and Health Benefits
Work Location: 250 University Ave, Toronto – ON – M5H 3E5
Contact Information: Robin Behl– [email protected]
Minimum Education Required : Bachelors Degree
Minimum Experience Required :
- Applicants must in-depth knowledge of commodity structured trade products ( Pre-Export, prepayment, warehouse finance etc.), risks, mitigants & customers
- In-depth knowledge of best practice Commodity Structured Trade Finance operational delivery systems and processes
- Knowledge of execution of Structured Trade deals bilateral & syndicated.
- Strong understanding of the global markets and issues likely to impact on effective delivery and/or risk management, as well as on customer satisfaction and revenues
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role.
To be responsible for the delivery of the Commodity & Structured trade finance transaction management unit’s function (CSTF TMU) locally by establishing and delivering in collaboration with the Global Head CSTF TMU best practice policies, processes and systems whilst addressing related operational and credit risk; Drive the implementation and effective usage of the Collateral Management System; provide a best in class transaction management experience to the Global banking & Markets and Commercial Banking customers that comprise the Commodity & Structured trade finance portfolio.
Impact on the Business
- Lead the delivery of a robust transaction management unit’s operational infrastructure and reporting to underpin cross customer group sales initiatives.
- Establish procedures and framework to provide post-sanction conformance on all Commodity & Structured trade finance facilities as well as ongoing transactional and collateral management
- Production and execution of Commodity & Structured trade finance Facility and transactional documentation
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure effective delivery and support for Internal Customers – Commodity & Structured trade finance Business Development managers, commercial banking and Global Banking & Markets
- Timely and efficient delivery for External Customers – related commercial banking and Global Banking & Markets clients and new prospects
- Deliver accurate and relevant management information to Stakeholders – Global Trade & Receivables Finance, commercial banking and Global Banking & Markets , Group Risk and regional risk functions
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide advice and guidance to other members of the Transaction Management unit and to both internal and external Clients and Stakeholders as and when needed whilst ensuring delivery of objectives
- Drive the testing and implementation of the Collateral Management System.
- Be comfortable and confident to delegate tasks to others, ensuring objectives will be met within a given timeframe
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Identification and development of best practice systems and processes for transaction management unit, ensuring roll-out to designated Commodity & Structured trade finance sites
- Keep abreast of market developments and share knowledge with network
- Take ownership for a “make it happen” approach
- Work collaboratively to support colleagues by actively consulting and ensuring delivery through delegation, personal action and active follow up where necessary
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Key role for new business within HSBC where successful Commodity & Structured trade finance delivery is crucial to the efficient build up and sustainability of the CSTF business. Meeting the demands of multiple stakeholders will present a test of prioritisation and negotiation as well as of operational efficiencies. Commodity & Structured trade finance is a new business within HSBC so there are challenges in forging a bespoke operating unit and systems environment. Role holder should be seen to offer constructive challenge as well as provide support to stakeholders.
- Key function within the business where effective delivery and rigorous monitoring and control is pivotal to success: it reinforces the Sales drive by ensuring delivery of relevant products whilst providing solid underpinning for the operational risk aspects of Commodity & Structured trade finance through robust systems and processes.
- Commodity & Structured trade finance Transaction Management unit has to manage the challenges of a dynamic market environment and the job holder will be expected to bring expertise to deliver a best practice experience, constructive challenge and professional integrity in the drive to implement ‘fit for purpose’ systems, processes and functional capability within HSBC.
- The role holder will be expected to be of sufficient calibre and be able to make certain operational and risk decisions as and when needed.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will learn & implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
- In-depth knowledge of Commodity & Structured trade finance products ,risk, mitigants and customers
- In-depth knowledge of best practice Commodity & Structured trade finance operational delivery systems and processes
- Strong understanding of the marketplace and issues likely to impact on effective delivery and/or risk management, as well as on customer satisfaction and revenues
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country Vacancy
Job Posting : Aug 27, 2016, 7:58:34 PM Unposting Date : Nov 26, 2016, 2:59:00 AM