Head of Communications
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, we have over 148 years of experience, serve more than 25 industries, and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities so you can reach your full potential and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. With the support of people like you, we are optimistic about leading the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
In this exciting opportunity reporting to the CEO and for Canada, the Head of Communications will lead internal and external communications for the Canadian Business. In this role you will be responsible for driving the communication strategy at the Canadian level and ensure alignment and consistent messaging across the organization.
- Bachelors Degree and 10 or more years of experience in the both internal and external communications area
- Proven experience in working with senior-level executives
- Experience with social media, collaboration with strategic marketing, proposition development and operational marketing
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of communication strategy
- Experience and background in journalism
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- Ability to execute effective communication strategies
- French language proficiency is preferred
Key Accountabilities:Key Accountabilities:
- Working closely with the Canadian CEO and the Canadian leadership team, develop and drive the overall Canadian strategic communications plan focusing on transformation, strategy and execution.
- Focus on relationship and stakeholder management and strategic business partnering for communications requirements
- Ensure compliance with communications policies, guidelines, standards and frameworks.
- Actively drive our Canadian specific social media presence on a variety of platforms.
- Support communication skills training and coaching to enable the business to effectively communicate within their teams, external partners and customers.
- Shape and execute projects in coordination with leaders and Executive.
- Cooperate with Regional and Group Communications Centres of Expertise and services experts for intranet-related communications matters.
- Ensure all external employee communications activities and messages (e.g. Press releases, briefing papers etc.) support business objectives.
- Address issues and challenges as they arise in service levels and performance.
- Collaborate with other functions and peers to ensure the brand remains relevant and that all initiatives support the brand strategy framework.
- Refresh content of tools and assets when appropriate.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich.
We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.