39987 – To Be Determined – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The HR business partner (HRBP) position acts as a strategic partner to the business, serving as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues with a goal of influencing better organization and talent decisions to support the company’s strategic objectives. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include both regional and provincial (prime) human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about their client groups financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR COE groups to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts or coordinates effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal/corporate ethics department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Business Acumen.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Ethical Practice.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for managers.
This job operates in a professional office and field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and cell phones.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Travel is primarily limited to the regional limits during the business day, although some out-of-area and provincial travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations/HR issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, recruitment, training & development, compensation, federal and provincial employment laws, WSIB/sick leave/LTD programs/knowledge.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Human Resources Certificate and relevant industry experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- SAP/Success Factors
- Experience dealing with senior leaders/executives.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: December 14, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.