- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Intermediate Finance Operations Analyst
The Finance department assumes responsibility for managing and reporting the organization’s finances. It is committed to continuous improvements in the way it organizes the financial and accounting affairs, including the preparation and presentation of appropriate accounts and to streamline processes, improves controls and date integrity within the financial ERP system.
The primary function of this position is to provide support to Finance for the ongoing accounting functions that include collections, recording of revenue, expenses, balance sheet accounts reconciliation, month end closing process, indirect sales tax filing and maintenance of user procedural manual. This function includes resolving business process issues within the financial ERP system. An ideal candidate must have worked in a financial ERP system and have experienced in applying Accounting Principles and Standards as part of the features development within the ERP system, also with the end design that can achieve maximize process efficiency and data integrity.
- Member of system platform migration project from Microsoft Dynamic 2012 to D365
- Provide insight and clarify around domain specific elements that are relating to business processes within the ERP system
- Provide support the development, validation of user stories and create test data
- Collaborate with agile team members to perform functional testing and user acceptance testing
- Prepare and post details of business transactions to journals, general ledger and other accounting records.
- Perform full cycle month-end and year-end closing activities
- Responsible for bank accounts
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts and income statement accounts
- Provide backup support for the funding and billing functions
- Provide backup support for Accounts Payable functions
- Provide backup support for the sales tax analysis and filing
- Collection activities
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practices
- Liaise with operations teams and business partners to meet their accounting need
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Assist with related projects as SME and/or tester as needed
- Assist in special assignments as required
- 5 + years of full accounting cycle experience
- University Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- Accounting designation (CPA) is a preference
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic AX 2012 or financial ERP system
- Demonstrates initiative, accountability and ownership, is self-motivated and works with minimum supervision
- Solid technical and analytical skills with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to accept diverse responsibilities
- Team player committed to achieving common departmental objectives
- Solid PC skills and a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Bilingual (English/French)
• Knowledge of healthcare and pharmacy operations industry is preferred
• Experience working in agile teams
Note: Internal Candidates should apply before January 24, 2022.
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: