Date: Jan 15, 2021
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
41047 – Markham – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
This IM/IT Project Manager position will have a focus on ISD Resource Management within the Portfolio Management team. Accountabilities within this role will be focused on managing IT resources and defining and executing the approach to skill acquisition, retention, and distribution. The resource management function includes defining the approach to assessing resource needs across the IT organization, managing existing resources and identifying needs, and developing and monitoring key performance indicators to manage the overall IT resource utilization. To set priorities continuous improvement and alignment for the ongoing IT strategic delivery needs, ISD resource management also requires monitoring skillsets, developing training and development plans, and tracking progress for IT resources.
- Manage and maintain MS Project Plans, develop action plans for issues, track risk mitigation plans, make recommendations as necessary to advance project
- Manage and provide consultative services and specialized expertise in information-technology areas.
- Maintain logs to track issues, action items, risks, queries and change management for each project
- Manage and report on project metrics including progress, earned value metrics, baseline, forecast and actual dates, costs and scope.
- Prepare project status reports for Project Control Office review and approval. Create & maintain a project library and coordinate the collection and filing of project documentation
- Review project and project status files for integrity, accuracy and timeliness
- Design, develop or coordinate the use of project facilities, ensuring that technical and physical resources are available to meet project requirements
- Negotiate contracts and contract changes, project change orders, work schedules and requirements changes as required to meet project objectives
- Review and approve Invoices and charges
- Cooperate with other areas of IM/IT in the application of standards, methodologies, architectures, etc.
- Manage and motivate staff and contractors on projects to deliver project methodologies.
- Ensure resources deliver desired results within budget and schedule.
- Negotiate and influence behavior of vendors and service providers to achieve desired results.
- Communicate and translate Hydro One Strategies and direction to staff, contractors and vendors to align project objectives in achieving goals within the Strategy
- Build team alignment amongst staff, contractors and vendor personnel with diverse backgrounds many of whom will be working together for the first time, during the duration of a project.
- Demonstrate business acumen by translating technical options into business objectives.
- Resolve technical, business and personnel issues; escalate unresolved issues in a timely manner to supervisors.
- BA or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering
- At least 12 years’ experience in IT
- Experience managing IT projects, either in Business or IT Infrastructure domains
Demonstrated Management Skills:
- Communication of Project Management Processes to business and service providers
- Able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others
- Initiative – takes action, proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions
- Information seeking – ability to acquire information relevant to the achievement of valued goals
- Strategic business thinking – ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to facilitate management decisions for achieving business objectives
- Team leadership – ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 01, 2021.
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.