|Who Can Apply
||$69,350 – $84,360
$61,380 – $74,670
Term – 1 year
The IT Help Desk unit is the first point of contact for all IT incidents and problems. We provide remote, level-1 support to restore client services as quickly as possible while maintaining client satisfaction. We perform level-1 diagnosis and escalate to the appropriate team as required.
The IT Help Desk Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and support of IT services:
- Ensure the integrity, stability, and availability of IT services by maintaining, monitoring, implementing, and supporting all systems and processes provided and supported by IT.
- Promote and maintain good IT knowledge transfer by generating regular reports that document results of completed work.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems by investigating, analyzing, and collecting information.
- Liaise with partners and external vendors to maintain a currency of the IT marketplace, evaluate hardware and software solutions, and resolve problems.
- Provide service to clients by analysing their needs, responding to their queries/requests and providing guidance and familiarization with the available information technology services.
- Analyse performance of the computing and telecommunications infrastructure, identify problem patterns and make recommendations to improve the reliability and maintainability of the infrastructure.
- Liaise with other areas to provide support and technical expertise, and resolve IT infrastructure related issues.
- Verify and validate technology services prior to deployment by leveraging industry best practices, historical information, experience, tools, and processes.
- Maintain knowledge and use of technical corporate services by researching and keeping abreast of the latest developments in technology.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree and one (1) year of related experience
- Technologist diploma or a Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of related experience
- Fields of study: Computer science, electrical, electronics, network security, telecommunications, or engineering.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Relevant experience is defined as experience in the resolution of issues related to computer desktop devices, applications or network system components in a Windows environment.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience interfacing with clients dealing with technical IT related issues and inquiries.
- Experience with performing incident management administrative functions by capturing, assigning, escalating and managing reported incidents.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills / multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Analytical skills
- Bilingual Imperative (BBC/BBC)
- This position is designated CS; therefore, the employee may be eligible for a terminable allowance of 4% of the annual salary.
- Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted