The finance department assumes responsibility for managing and reporting the organization’s finances. It is committed to continuous improvements in the way it organizes the financial and accounting affairs, including the preparation and presentation of appropriate accounts and the dissemination of financial information to executives.
The primary function of this position is to provide support to Finance for the ongoing accounting functions that include collections, recording of revenue, , expenses, , balance sheet accounts reconciliation, month end closing process, indirect sales tax filing and maintenance of user procedural manual.
- Prepare and post details of business transactions to journals, general ledger and other accounting records.
- Collection activities
- Cash application
- Analyze and reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and income statement accounts
- Provide backup support for the funding and billing functions
- Provide backup support for the sales tax analysis and filing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practices
- Liaise with operations teams and business partners to meet their accounting needs
- Assist with related projects as tester as needed
- Assist in special assignments as required
- 1-2 years accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of a College or University Program in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Must have working knowledge of financial system
- Demonstrates initiative, takes ownership of resolving issues, and is self-motivated with minimum supervision
- Technical and analytical skills with a focus to details and accuracy
- Must have solid PC skills and with Microsoft Office Suite of tools with knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem solving, documentation, research and resolution, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to accept diverse responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with employees in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing
- Team player committed to achieving common departmental objectives with integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Experience working in financial ERP system
- Knowledge of healthcare and pharmacy operations industry is preferred
- Experience working in agile teams
Deadline for internal candidates to apply is July 23rd, 2021.
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.