Manager, Application Delivery
Express Scripts Canada seeks to hire Manager, Applications Delivery. The role will join the technology group to manage a development team of full time, and onshore and offshore resources. This role will also be required to manage large and complex projects from initiation through to close out. The role works collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, technical resources and external customers to deliver reliable, consistent and customer focused implementations.
- Lead and Manage Active Pharmacy development team of full time, and onshore and offshore resources.
- Identify opportunities and drive improvement in our services & supporting applications
- Leading multiple projects – including planning, prioritization, and task delegation
- Enforce accountability for the quality of software that is created
- Budget and forecast resources
- Manage the process related to the identification, assessment, prioritization, and staffing of operational requests for development. This includes the application of IT best practices in the process of incident management, problem management, change management, and release management
- Working collaboratively with other departments within Express Scripts Canada, provide IS operational and technical subject matter in support of strategic initiatives. This can involve meeting/speaking directly with customers
- Responsible for developing project plans, project estimates and negotiating project resources
- Plan and effectively manage User Acceptance testing with internal and external business
- Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations, project progress and current issues
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with application software development
- Minimum 3 years of management and leadership experience in a development team
- 2-3 years of experience working with offshore teams
- Development experience in Angular or related Frontend Framework and Spring Boot or related Micro service frameworks.
- Familiarity with concepts of RESTful. Experience/Knowledge of standards, structures and compliance to application standards and methodology.
- Ability to motivate and provide leadership and mentoring to employees and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
Mentor individuals to maximize their strengths while raising awareness on Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines, limited travel and on-call rotation.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn.
- Self-starter able to work in a dynamic environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong communication, presentation and listening skills.
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.