- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Manager, Business & Strategy Planning
Date: Jan 11, 2022
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43748 – Markham – Rotation – 24 Months
Safety Comes First is a core value at Hydro One, and we remain committed to taking every reasonable precaution to ensure a respectful, safe and healthy working environment. Further to this commitment, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. Employees will be required to either be fully vaccinated or undergo regular rapid antigen testing in order to access a Hydro One worksite.
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Develop divisional objectives that will result in the attainment of key corporate objectives, including customer service and operational efficiency. Develop five-year business plans that support the Company’s overall strategic direction and subsequently manage the department’s annual budget. Develop the department’s regulatory filings with the Ontario Energy Board.
- Work in close collaboration with peer Managers to develop divisional objectives in each of the key work programs that will result in the attainment of key corporate objectives.
- Seek out industry knowledge from other electric utilities across North America and ensure that best practice customer service considerations are included in the overall strategic plan where possible.
- Design and implement appropriate processes to manage and monitor the progress of the strategic programs and bring forward requirements for appropriate adjustments to ensure that objectives are met.
- Provide an advisory, consultative role to both the Director, Facilities & Real Estate, and the Vice President of Shared Services in the progress towards critical divisional goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Work in close collaboration with peer Managers to develop five-year business plans for various departments that support the overall strategic direction and integrate the business plans into a consolidated Shared Services plan for Hydro One Networks Inc.
- Analyze for potential impacts to achieving the corporate goals, including the development and articulation of a facilities & real estate strategy that meets regulatory requirements and facilities & real-estate strategic objectives.
- Extensive and effective communication with Managers from other parts of Hydro One to ensure the Facilities & Real Estate and Shared Servicesbusiness plan is properly synchronized with other lines of business.
- Draft business plan summaries for senior executives, articulating the high level strategy, investment plans, ongoing requirements, and future plans.
- Be accountable for the integrity of Facilities & Real Estate and Shared Services financial information, where the accuracy of the information will impact the overall integrity of corporate financial accuracy.
- Document variations to budget and forecasted results and provide advice and guidance on corrective actions where appropriate.
- Act as the interface with corporate finance to ensure financial guidelines are adhered to.
- Be accountable for the collection, organization and development of all Facilities & Real Estate regulatory filings, including exhibits, financial forecasts, interrogatories, and oral hearings at the Ontario Energy Board.
- This includes extensive communication with senior executives within Hydro One, as well as direct interaction with appropriate contact points at our own regulatory staff and the Ontario Energy Board to clarify filing requirements.
Management of Outsourcing Relationship
- Provide advice on the development of the strategy in managing and developing the outsourcing relationship with BGIS so that it properly aligns with the overall strategy.
- Work with the various Managers to determine ways of improving the efficiency and productivity of the customer functions through the outsourced relationship.
- Provide guidance on best practice in Service Level Agreement measures, incentives, penalty programs, and progress tracking methods.
- Maintain a team of subordinates who are capable of producing the outputs required.
- Ensure subordinates are able and willing to produce the desired output, and that subordinate managers continually improve the processes for achieving the outputs.
- Assess staff capability to do the required work, now and in the future.
- Set the appropriate context for subordinates (i.e. corporate strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement, etc.)
- Conduct personal effectiveness reviews of subordinates, managers/specialists to build relationships and trust, and to improve effectiveness.
- Mentor and counsel subordinates-once-removed.
- Establish a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes effecting their work, and continuous improvement opportunities.
Specific knowledge required to perform in this position: education, accreditation, specific experience required.
Demonstrated Management Skills:
- Analytical thinking – ability to understand a situation by segmenting and tracing implications step by step.
- Strategic business thinking – ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to making management decisions for achieving business objectives.
- Initiative – takes action, proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions.
- Client Service Orientation – desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs.
- Impact and Influence – able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others.
- Information seeking – ability to acquire information relevant to the achievement of valued goals.
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately when interacting with individuals and groups.
- Team leadership – ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group.
- Teamwork – able to work with others as part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Developing Others – takes action to foster the long-term learning or development of others.
- Achievement Motivation – concern for working well or for competing against a standard of excellence.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 24, 2022
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: