Manager, Cost Reporting (Senior Financial Advisor)
Date: Jan 5, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
39066 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The Manager, Cost Reporting (Senior Financial Advisor) role will manage a team of direct reports and will report to the Manager, Support Operations within Supply Chain Services. The Manager, Cost Reporting (Senior Financial Advisor) will be responsible for maintaining financial integrity, compliance and effective financial reporting and internal controls for the Shared Services organization. This role will also have a second major function, to be accountable for identifying and measuring supplier risk and performance to improve overall value realization from suppliers at Hydro One.
- Provide analysis of the financial results, including impact of new or revised assumptions, compliance with guidelines and variance explanation
- Provide key support to the confidential corporate business planning and budgeting process, including detailed review and analysis of planning assumptions, implementation of regulatory requirements, identification of emerging issues and trends, the development of instruction and guidelines and consolidation of results.
- Develop and execute a Supplier Risk framework that evaluates and communicates (through Briefing Notes and internal reporting) the risks presented by suppliers and industries through vendor financial statement analysis, as well as evaluating risks from sources such as; political, sustainability, security of supply, technological etc.
- Develop and maintain a Supplier Performance Measurement framework, to provide efficient and accurate reporting on supplier performance to Sourcing teams and Senior Management, leveraging tools such as; KPIs/metrics, Scorecards and target setting.
- Manage the budget trending process, including consistency with the approved budget and reasonableness.
- Support regulatory requirements, including witnessing, preparation of evidence, development of briefing material, responses to interrogatories and transcript undertakings and general hearing support.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a detailed knowledge of financial engineering, economics, and accounting to develop, support and monitor business plans and projects.
- Requires excellent speaking, writing, listening and presentation skills to gain acceptance of business plans, budgets and project control structures.
- Requires a Business-Related Undergraduate degree as well as some post-graduate studies in the area of Finance and its application. A CPA and/or MBA is an asset.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience and acumen, both theoretical and practical, in financial reporting or management accounting.
- Requires advanced interpersonal skills to deal with multiple stakeholders from all areas within the company on projects ranging from highly technical to conceptual.
- Requires an advanced knowledge of Excel to allow for the review of financial spreadsheets related to projects and M&A activity.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of electric utility design would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain functions would be highly beneficial, otherwise the candidate would be expected to build an expert level of knowledge soon after being retained.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 18, 2021