40204 – Markham – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
This role will serve to maximize shareholder value and customer experience by overseeing and executing a customer program such as Contact Handling, Billing, Distribution Generation or Collections.
Assist with the definition of the Departmental strategy, team development and Divisional objectives. Improve decision-making capabilities through increased use of customer data and analytics to design more customer centric programs and offerings.
This role will be accountable for all aspects of delivering & executing a customer program such as Contact Handling, Billing, Distribution Generation or Collections. The Manager is accountable to build the necessary team, strategy and processes to effectively and efficiently delivery the program. The Manager is accountable to design and develop strategy for outsourcing and managing SLAs and the Division’s relationship with service providers, as well as for a role to set the external communications positioning for business activities and new communication programs or needs.
- Through negotiations and business dealings with senior executives at the service provider firms, be responsible for planning, negotiating, and monitoring the delivery of these sustainment programs & external service providers.
- Develop or source customer information or data to meet the intelligence needs for the Division, including the Division’s input to planning and investment decisions or to provide Customer Service input to processes outside the Division
- Contribute to annual customer satisfaction program related to Hydro One Networks customer service activities. Source external suppliers as required, implement surveys or other methods of data collection, analyze and interpret data. Establish customer needs, expectations and drivers for satisfaction. Recommend areas of dissatisfaction, of service improvements, and provide data required to support recommendations, investment decisions and work program development
- Provide input to strategic satisfaction measures for Company scorecards, performance contracts, SLAs, business planning or risk management; arrange for data collection required to monitor and report on measures
- Manage the Division’s delivery needs through various service providers. Prepare work requirements documentation to be part of the SLAs, reporting and measurement/metric requirements. Establish means to promote cost reductions and quality improvements through contracts. Act as contract manager for service needs through contract negotiations, contract approvals and reporting. Recommend and manage a process to implement new or unplanned work with service providers.
- Accountable for incorporating best in class processes into program delivery such as: Customer Intelligence, Customer Satisfaction, Vendor Management
- Develop customer delivery sustainment program objectives and strategies in support of broader corporate financial and customer goals.
- Work closely with service providers and Information Technology (IT) staff to facilitate required changes.
Managerial Leadership Accountabilities
Accountability for the output of others:
- Setting appropriate context for subordinates (i.e., strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations from continuous improvement, etc.) setting an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work of the unit
- Knowing and ensuring own and subordinates’ compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and all policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the business
- Establishing a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes affecting their work, and establishing continuous improvement program opportunities
- Maintaining a team of subordinates who are capable of producing the outputs required:
- Ensuring subordinates are able and willing to produce the desired output
- Assessing staff capability to do the required work now and in the future
- Conducting personal effectiveness reviews of subordinates to build relationships, trust, and to improve their effectiveness
- Providing leadership to subordinates so that they collaborate competently, and with full commitment with each other in pursuing the goals set:
- Translating the Department’s goals and objectives into a direction which guides the operation of the business
- Communicating that direction to staff
- Defining specific tasks for subordinates required to achieve the desired results and/or to accommodate the changes required within the business operations
Providing a safe and healthy work environment:
- Providing subordinates with appropriate knowledge, skills, information, work procedures and equipment to facilitate responsible behaviour, which will protect their safety and contribute to their health
- Providing a work environment and facilities where health and safety incidents are minimized and employees are not dissatisfied
- Providing a work environment that supports and values diversity and is free from harassment
- Knowing and ensuring that subordinates comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, local policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices related to their work
Demonstrating stewardship of the assets and resources:
- Ensuring every reasonable precaution is taken for the protection of the environment, the assets and subordinates providing for security of human, physical and information resources
- Requires a knowledge of such disciplines as business administration, social sciences, digital media and marketing to establish and maintain good customer and public relationships including resolving customer complaints and concerns, identifying emerging trends and develop strategies to respond to trends, issues, conflicts and concerns.
- Requires a good command of the English language, both verbal and written skills, to communicate effectively with customers, develop and give presentations to various internal and external groups.
- Requires a knowledge and familiarity with computers and computer applications, and computerized management information systems.
- Requires extensive knowledge in working with customer facing initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with handling business management and project management issues with specific emphasis on Customer Care and associated IT platforms and applications.
- Business focus – ability to understand business objectives and translate them into requirements and solutions.
- Extensive demonstrated leadership and managerial competency in managing a team of professionals, establishing priorities and adapting to changing conditions.
- Requires experience in understanding of developments and changes with respect to electricity industry structure and market rule and code changes and their corresponding impacts on customers.
- Requires a knowledge of business administration, financial modeling, and cost/benefit principles and techniques.
- Requires experience in providing services in a highly competitive market where a strong Customer focus is of paramount importance.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to supervise, foster positive working relationships and the ability to provide effective team leadership, including performance monitoring, evaluation and feedback.
- A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: December 14, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.