40120 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The Manager, Executive Office (CEO Communications) will report to the Vice President of Communications and Marketing and serve as a trusted partner to Hydro One’s executive team, including the President and Chief Executive Officer.
The Senior Manager of Executive Communications is critical role within the Communications and Marketing team. In this role, you will develop and execute a comprehensive executive communications strategy that inspires and connects employees to the corporate strategy and positions Hydro One as a thought leader with all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate must be a passionate self-starter who brings creative, compelling storytelling as well as strategic communications advice. They must also have a strong track record in producing high-quality, crisp messaging and keynote speeches for senior executives. This candidate must demonstrate an ability to work with highly confidential information, exemplary organizational skills, expert attention to detail and the ability to manage several parallel projects.
This candidate will join a passionate team of communicators in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Develop and execute the President and CEO’s overall communications strategy to support the company’s business strategy, mission, vision and values
- Reporting to the Marketing and Communications department, the role will partner with HR, Relations, the President and CEO office, and other key stakeholders to develop and implement the executive communications strategy and materials
- Create innovative and effective ways to communicate that inform and engage a diverse, geographically dispersed employee base
- Provide strategic communications advice to the President and CEO on an ongoing basis that reflects an understanding of leadership style as well as the electricity industry and key social and economic trends and issues
- Independently create communications on behalf of the President and CEO, including messaging keynote speeches, roundtables, all-employee meetings, organization announcements, videos, presentations, blogs, social media, etc.
- Learn the electricity sector, clearly articulate complex issues and formulate recommendations that will work for a wide variety of audiences, including investors
- Maintain brand voice and strengthen Hydro One’s culture and values in communications efforts
- Prepare communications for key corporate vehicles including the Annual Report and Sustainability Report
- Establish and track metrics to measure success in improving executive profile, employee engagement and organization performance
- Maintain composure and good judgment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Assist with other executive communication efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 year college or university) in English, Marketing, Communications or Journalism
- 7-10+ years proven experience in designing, building, and implementing comprehensive executive communication and thought leadership strategies that use a variety of methods and media
- 3+ years working directly or closely with senior executives
- Strategic thinking and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly self-motivated, quick learner and results-oriented
- Ability to work as needed outside of work hours to meet business needs
- High degree of PC literacy, including MS Office applications
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- All candidates must submit a portfolio of material that demonstrates a mastery of writing and communication planning
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: December 14, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.