Manager, HSE Field Support
Date: Dec 14, 2020
Location: Multi Location, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40249 – Multi Location – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
In the role of HSE Field Services Manager, the incumbent will develop strategies, programs, systems, review mechanisms and service provision models in the areas of Safety and Environment for Hydro One Inc.
- Ensure the availability and quality delivery of various critical safety and environmental services and technical support. These include, but are not limited to incident investigation, compliance reviews (including Workwell self-assessments), self-assessment development tools, prevention/improvement plans, management system implementation, emergency response support, JHSC support, risk assessment, various program development support/coordination, TDG management support, and various other technical specialist support related to HSE (i.e. Land Assessment and Remediation).
- Support incident reporting, investigation and follow-up processes. Ensure appropriately trained resources are available. Recommend, where appropriate, changes to the corporate processes.
- Develop strategies and programs to improve and manage health, safety and environment management systems and services within Hydro One Networks that are consistent with the overall Corporate management system, in order to continually improve HSE performance and to meet due diligence requirements.
- Review and provide advice to Senior Management within Hydro One Networks on H, S, & E on the potential operational implications of investment decisions, recommended strategic direction and business planning.(resources required)
- Assess H, S, & E liabilities (examples include WSIB, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment) that could have an impact on asset value and legal liabilities (i.e. Workwell Audit, MOL Orders to Comply, MOL Charges).
- Evaluate the impact of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation on the Hydro One Networks organization and recommend strategic response. Assess the extent to which proposed legislation affects resourcing levels on the businesses etc.
- In association with the business units within Hydro One Networks, develop ongoing strategies for the use of compliance reviews. Monitor and assess the results of the comprehensive compliance reviews to assist in the development of programs to mitigate potential risks, liabilities and inefficiencies.
- Assist with the development of H, S, & E strategies in a manner that maintains value for the shareholder and enables the accomplishment of business objectives. Ensure the operational perspective has been considered.
- Represent and act on behalf of Hydro One Networks in dealings with the Ministry of Labour, Ministry of the Environment and external agencies in responding to specific liabilities concerning health, safety and environmental issues. This requires access to confidential information concerning MOL charges, MOL Orders to comply.
- Manage staff within the Health Safety & Environment Field Services Department, some of which are in rotational supervisory development roles to complete Health, Safety and Environmental work programs.
- Ensure a formal staff development and mentoring program is in place for the developmental rotation staff and that it is achieving the desired results. Interact with sending unit management to ensure expectations are being met.
- Develop strategies and programs for the accomplishment and monitoring of performance measures, and targets such as severity & frequency and incident reporting requirements for H, S, & E within Hydro One Networks. Monitor and assess program performance and resourcing requirements for the H, S, & E function and redirect where necessary.
- Consult, influence and maintain effective working relationships with health, safety and environmental stakeholders (governments, industry, employees, general public, special interest groups) in order for Hydro One to meet its business objectives.
- Support the business/strategic planning / budgeting (staff resources, staff commitments) process with respect to health, safety and environment initiatives
- Contribute to the development of integrated strategies, plans, policies, programs and procedures in health, safety and the environment to enable Hydro One Inc. to achieve its business objectives.
- Setting appropriate context for subordinates (i.e. Hydro One Inc. objectives, strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement etc.). Staff numbers may exceed 20 and include a mixture of dedicated and rotational staff.
- Setting an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work of the department
- Knowing and ensuring own and subordinates compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and all Hydro One Inc. policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the business.
- Establishing a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes affecting their work, and establishing continuous improvement program opportunities
- Have appropriate managed systems in place to meet all due diligence requirements of the business.
- Ensuring subordinates are able and willing to produce the desired output and that subordinates continuously improve the processes for achieving the outputs.
- Assessing staff capability to do the required work now and in the future.
- Conducting personal effectiveness reviews of subordinates to build relationships, trust and to improve their effectiveness.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 4, 2021