Date: Sep 13, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43401 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Provide strategic direction to the Company relating to internal controls and the internal control framework and ensure it supports legislative requirements and optimizes the efficiency and effectiveness of the underlying processes.
- Assess the application of the control framework to the business operations to ensure conformity and proper application. Ensure impacts of internal control issues on business plans, strategies and external audits are proactively identified and reviewed with senior management.
- Resolve issues of a controversial nature with external auditors to the satisfaction of the Company.
- Lead special internal control studies and cross functional teams and develop recommendations to present to senior management (i.e. roll out of changes to the EAR and Expense Management system changes).
- Direct and Manage the day to day operations and enhancements to the Expense Management system and processes. Review and approve On-Behalf-Of roles for employees assigned to prepare expense reports for other employees.
- Provide support and advice and guidance to Expense Management processing and impact to the Lines of Business and managing Inergi osts.
- Maintain a focus on Expense Management projects and oversee implementation through empowering a highly functioning team.
- Provide input to the Development and maintain of appropriate internal control policies including maintenance of appropriate documentation, guidance across the line of businesses and subsidiaries and the finance web site. Ensure compliance of corporate financial policies and provide advice and guidance to Business Unit Management relating to corporate internal control implications and the appropriateness of various management processes and practices and on policy application and interpretation. Monitor the application of corporate financial policies and procedures to ensure conformity and proper application.
- Maintain the Executive Authority Register (EAR), including preparation of the annual review of the EAR with the Audit and Finance Committee (AFC) and the Hydro One Board of Directors. Prepare board submission and briefing material on this topic. Ensure that the EAR is appropriately cascaded to the lines of businesses and subsidiaries.
- Coordinate requirements related to the Internal Audit process, ensuring preparation of appropriate responses, issue resolution and escalation to senior management on behalf of Corporate Finance.
- Oversee the Corporate Credit Card approval system, which includes directing and monitoring of the approval, modification, credit limits and cancellation of corporate credit cards through our vendor’s system.
- This is includes the review and approval of new and change Corporate Credit Cards as delegated by the Senior Vice President Finance.
- Prepare the annual reports to the AFC on senior management business expenses consistent with the Policy on Employee Business Expenses and the AFC Mandate. Manage and coordinate internal audit process, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness, responding and escalating issues to senior management as appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance on the mandates of the AFC, Executive Committee, Operations Committee.
- Provide advice and guidance to Corporate Finance and the Lines of Business with respect to compliance activities consistent with EAR and Expense Management policies and procedures. On behalf of the CFO and Dir., Corporate Account & Reporting address internal control requests from the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with appropriate staff across the organization. Provide supervision to cross functional staff that provide inputs to and participate in issues as relating to internal controls.
- Support regulatory requirements including preparation of evidence, development of briefing material, responses to interrogatories and transcript undertakings and general hearing support.
- On boarding training of Senior Executives and their administrative assistance for the EAR and Expense Management system.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 27, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.