Date: Sep 13, 2021
Location: To Be Determined, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43421 – To Be Determined – Regular – ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Reporting to Hydro One’s Chief Security Office, this role is accountable for investigating both internal wrong doing and external criminal activity targeting Hydro One’s assets. It develops preemptive and reactive strategies for malicious attack and establishes a proactive view of the physical asset protection.
Lead a team of consultants in the development and implementation of asset protection strategies including; performance assessment of security measures, threat identification / assessment, crime prevention, intrusion prevention / detection, malevolent exploitation prevention, investigation methods, training, information and awareness programs.
- Lead the Security Consultants and Theft of Electricity teams in development of strategic asset protection roadmaps.
- Working in conjunction with the Manager, Physical Security; provide input into current and new asset protection technologies and policies.
- Participate in the execution and commissioning of specific physical security projects (eg., CIP014, Low Impact sites etc.)
- Collaborate with all lines of business including all Head Office Support Functions as required during investigations.
- Collaborate with the Inergi security team during investigations.
- Provide investment forecasting for physical asset protection based on a 5 year program.
- Develop and oversee operational and incident reporting regime.
- Provide direction to Field Operations staff within the Security Operations department to develop and implement an annual security work plan and budget.
- Provide direct investigative support for complex cases of criminal or workplace wrongdoing.
- Primary Liaison with law enforcement, associations etc. across the province.
- Collaborates with key vendors to deliver security services to the field.
- Manages a team of up to 5 to10 Security Consultants and Investigators.
- Augmenting existing metrics to create an ongoing real time state of operational security, risk management and compliance for the organization.
- Position security risk and operational reporting within the context of the threats and risks facing the organization.
- Manage the budget for the area and contribute to the 5 year Security Technology Operations Investment Plan.
- Implement revised personnel screening practices and manage the team and process on an ongoing basis.
- University Degree in Business or another relevant Discipline, or 20+ years relevant work experience in law enforcement and/or corporate investigations.
- Strong working knowledge of physical security and incident response.
- Demonstrated track record leading criminal, fraud, internal code of conduct investigations and workforce screening programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex matrix organization.
- Experience managing third party security providers.
- Management – Leadership Experience managing a distributed team of investigators – up to 10 staff
- Demonstrated track record leading and implementing change across a complex matrix organization
- Strong Project Delivery Skills – Ability to meet tight deadlines
- 7 x 24 rotational on-call required for high priority security incidents
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 27, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.