Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
To manage physical risk to Bank staff, customers, assets and facilities worldwide and to contribute to the Global Protective Services (GPS) unit as the centre of excellence for physical security.
1. Global Physical Risk Assessment. Conduct physical security risk assessments of branch facilities, non-branch facilities, executive residences and expatriate residences worldwide and provide recommendations to the approving authority for such assessments. Ensure that recommendations stemming from assessments are captured centrally, reported to line management in a timely and appropriate manner, and tracked until resolution. Support other business line initiatives through the provision of physical security subject matter expertise and risk assessment.
2. Global Incident Management and Response. Respond to highly complex security incidents worldwide, including incidents of terrorism, civil unrest, natural disaster or criminal attack against the bank which affect staff, customers, assets or facilities, in order to limit loss and mitigate risk. Write concise, timely escalation reports regarding incidents to inform key stakeholders. Conduct appropriate after-action reviews post-incident, and ensure that findings from this process are provided to Senior Manager GPS for integration into future activities.
3. Global Executive and Expatriate Protection. Execute a global program of executive and expatriate protection. Implement standards for executive protection of all global executives at the country level under the direction of Senior Manager, GPS. Conduct threat and risk assessments of executive residences, travel plans, or other activities. Coordinate a regular electronic counter-measures program for sensitive executive areas. Manage and coordinate action plans for complex security and safety issues related to the Annual General Meeting, Offsite Board Meetings, and other executive events.
4. Global Physical Security Operating Procedures. Contribute to physical security risk procedures, under the direction of Senior Manager GPS, for use by global security staff, which align their activities with a central model, are appropriate for the working environment, and which consider differing threat, regulatory and legal environments. Contribute to the implementation of global physical risk methodologies and procedures, ensuring that S&I staff worldwide utilize them effectively and appropriately to identify, report and mitigate risk to the bank.
5. Project Management. Plan, coordinate and execute approved physical security-related projects. Identify key stakeholder requirements, establish success criteria and develop project proposals, charters and business cases as required. Drive project execution to achieve planned milestones until completion. Conduct after action reviews after key milestones and at project conclusion to capture lesson’s learned and ensure relevant findings are integrated into future project plans.
6. Training and Awareness/Crime Prevention Programs. Develop and implement global best practices for the conduct of training and awareness programs regarding physical security threats under the direction of Senior Manager GPS. Ensure the sufficiency and accuracy of the content of global training programs. Continuously innovate and improve the delivery means for global training programs by providing recommendations to the Senior Manager GPS.
7. Global Leadership. Contribute to the development of global S&I staff in assigned areas of responsibility in order to ensure the overall success of the department. Contribute to the development of high level plans for the achievement of the Unit’s future goals that involve multiple business lines/countries. Promote and foster a positive working environment for staff development.
8. General Support to other GPS Roles and Responsibilities. Support broader GPS roles and responsibilities on an as-needed basis by replacing and/or complementing the GPS Operational Support and Analysis teams.
* Knowledge and understanding of the concepts of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) – Thorough
* Investigative, interviewing and negotiating skills – Thorough
* Knowledge of Criminal and relevant Federal & Provincial Statutes & Regulations in all jurisdictions where the Bank operates – Thorough
* Knowledge of police practices, methods and enforcement strategies – Thorough
* Interpersonal skills, both verbal and written – Thorough
* Knowledge of the Bank’s organizational structure, systems and best practices – Thorough
* IT applications, systems and security controls – Working
* Knowledge of MS Office and software tools as applied to the position, including Lotus Notes – Working EDUCATION:
* Education: 4 years university or college degree in a related field.
* Work Experience: Minimum 8 to 12 years of security or related experience.
* High degree of fluency in English required; French/Spanish desirable.
* This is a six month contract position. Two weeks of training (overlap) is included.
* The position requires traveling within Canada to conduct branch security reviews and at times to international locations where the Bank operates.
* Fluency in English; Spanish/other languages desirable.
* Must be available 7/24 to respond to emergencies.
* Several years experience as a physical security consultant preferred.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE