Manager, Real Estate Investments
For over two decades, Matrix360 has been at the forefront of building and transforming the commercial real estate and development (CRED) landscape for diverse and inclusive teams. We continue to work in partnership with our clients to deliver solutions as Canada’s leader for talent management and workplace strategy.
We are committed to contributing to the transformation of our industry, evolving workplaces to be a greater pathway to access to opportunities, and the creation of possibilities for all people.
Our underlying value system is centered around the education and promotion of Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in the workplace. A human-centered approach and connectivity are at the core of everything we do – including sourcing and placing talent; advising and guiding leaders on how to implement more equitable workplace policies and frameworks; and creating impact in workplace cultures of excellence.
We are the platform invested in championing Diversity and Equity in the CRED industry
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for all individuals in employment, services, programs, and activities. If you require accommodation or this information in an alternative format at any stage of the search process, contact David Bendea, email@example.com, or 416 703 3400 extension 2300.
About Our Client
Our Client is one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers. Their innovative and collaborative approach to investing contributes to the long-term sustainability of their pension plan holders. They have over $200B in AUM, with their global real estate portfolio being over $30B. Their Canadian investments and portfolio management team works on their global portfolio strategy across all major asset classes and new developments.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Manager of Investments & Portfolio Management to support the investments (portfolio management) team, working as a key mid-level manager overseeing their equity investments and portfolio growth across all major global markets in all asset classes.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with a passion for commercial real estate and the ability to work in a structured and high-energy environment. They will be able to work collaboratively with multiple internal teams as well as external partners and property management teams. The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing and executing commercial real estate acquisitions, with strong analysis and valuation skills, experience managing or overseeing Analysts, and an interest to work on an international scale.
The compensation package is $150,000-$190,000 base, with a 90% target bonus, RRSPs, and additional perks. Our client is an advocate for equity and diversity and recognizes the importance of leadership engagement within its framework.
- Provide strategic oversight of a growing commercial real estate portfolio (office, retail, industrial, multi-residential) located across North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Be accountable for the quality and accuracy of all portfolio-level financial models
- Manage and mentor Analysts and Associates for analysis, underwriting, and reporting
- Oversee and contribute to the financial due diligence presented to the Investment Committee on new acquisitions and existing projects
- Work with various members of the real estate team to undertake due diligence on new acquisitions and development projects
- Executing business plans, including through working directly with investment and development team members, property managers/and other third parties
- Work with partner investment and development teams to update project and portfolio-level proformas
- Retain oversight of the preparation of annual budgets and the creation of high-level leasing, property management, and re-positioning strategies
- Coordinate and review quarterly asset valuation process with Analysts and appraisers
- Establish and maintain strong, positive working relationships with internal departments and third-party partners (property management, owner partners, lenders, investors, and the brokerage community)
- Review market, investment, and capital factors for all markets including opportunities for advantageous debt structuring refinancing, and disposition opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies based upon macro-economic factors, asset class fundamentals, and risk analysis, such that the performance of the real estate portfolio exceeds its benchmarks on a long-term basis
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate investments and/or asset and/or portfolio management, with a strong track record of execution, preferably with institutional exposure
- University Degree in Real Estate, Business Commerce, Business Administration, or a related field required
- An MBA and/or CFA is preferred
- Collaborative attitude with the capacity and willingness to manage multiple tasks by being flexible/adaptable and responding to changing circumstances
- Actively contribute to a high-performance culture and team operating under time-sensitive deadlines
- Proven ability to problem solve effectively and adept at presenting complex information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the experience to foster effective working relationships internally across the organization and externally
- Excels in a high volume, dynamic and fast-paced environment and enjoys new challenges
- Interest in, and demonstrated ability to, manage, lead, coach, and mentor
- Working knowledge of reading financial statements and legal documents, with an understanding of financial underwriting, leases, and legal agreements
- Strong technical skills with experience in Excel, Argus is an asset
- Competent time management with the ability to coordinate multiple competing priorities, with a successful track record in working with stakeholders of multiple disciplines
- Friendly and collaborative professional demeanor with a positive attitude
If you are interested in this position and would like to join a successful and dynamic organization, please forward your resume in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 416.703.3400