Manager – Work Management – Field Business Centres
Date: Dec 14, 2020
Location: To Be Determined, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40608 – To Be Determined – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Provide a work management structure for the lines & forestry work programs that plans, organizes, schedules, monitors, and identifies lessons learned to the multi-year work program in a manner that meets the business strategy & objectives.
- Identify requirements for the multi-skilled workforce in lines & forestry, determine resource requirements within Operations.
- Through collateral relationships with respect to the Distribution Lines Superintendents, Director Forestry Services, Business Integration Managers, Asset Management Managers, and within context provided by the Director – Work Management & Technical Services, provide the following:
- Provide input and details on the customer and system needs in support of the preparation of the 1 to 5 year Business Plan and multi-year work program.
- Develop annual work program with the necessary reporting requirements to implement the approved Investment Plan
- Define 3-5 year resourcing requirements and the mix of resources keeping in mind the labour agreements
- Manage work program activities for timeliness, cost control, completeness and quality
- Manage the non-energy accounts receivables for lines and forestry.
- Monitor and report the businesses’ financial performance against plan and initiative required corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensure Hydro One has adequate, timely, and accurate business information to support planning, regulatory and performance monitoring activities
- Provide input to support Hydro One regulatory strategies and submissions
- Manage systems in place to meet due diligence requirements related to work program activities including control and audit functions.
Managerial Accountabilities – Direct Output
- Manage the portfolio and achieve the approved programs and results through:
Accountability for the outputs of others:
- Set the appropriate context for subordinate managers (i.e., Hydro One and Customer Operations strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement, etc.).
- Set an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work of the portfolio.
- Know and ensure own and direct reports’ compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and all corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the businesses.
- Establish a two-way working relationship with direct reports to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes affecting their work, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide and maintain systems and infrastructure necessary to sustain the business.
Maintaining a team of direct reports who are capable of producing the outputs required:
- Ensure direct reports are able and willing to produce the desired outputs, and that subordinate managers continually improve the processes for achieving outputs.
- Assess staff capability to do the required work, now and in the future.
- Conduct personal effectiveness reviews of subordinate managers/specialists to build relationships and trust, and to improve effectiveness.
- Mentor and counsel direct reports – once-removed.
- Establish a two-way working relationship with direct reports to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes affecting their work and continuous improvement opportunities.
Providing leadership to direct reports, so that they collaborate competently, and with full commitment, with each other in pursuing the goals set:
- Translate the Hydro One and Customer Operations goals and objectives into a direction which guides the operation of the business.
- Communicate that direction to all staff.
- Define specific tasks for direct reports who are required to achieve desired results and/or to accommodate changes required within the business operations.
- Communicate expectations regarding the collateral relationship among subordinate managers and specialists.
Providing a safe and healthy work environment:
- Provide direct reports with appropriate knowledge, skills, information, work procedures and equipment to facilitate responsible behavior which will protect their safety and contribute to their health.
- Provide a work environment and facilities where health and safety incidents are minimized and employees contribute without the fear of reprisals.
- Provide a work environment that supports and values diversity, and is free from harassment.
- Know and ensure direct reports comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to their work.
- Assumes safety, quality and financial accountability for work performed and results.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement principles and joint problem solving with employees and employee representatives.
- Deals with and resolves issues in a timely and consistent manner.
- Deals appropriately with poor performance and reinforces good performance.
- Demonstrates principled leadership, reliability, judgment, and sound business ethics.
- Thrives in an environment of rapid and continuous change.
- Strong business acumen.
- Personal competencies include organizational commitment, team leadership, teamwork, innovation, and achievement motivation.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 4, 2021