Marine Claims Specialist
With moderate direction, handles single and multi-party personal or commercial line claims of low to moderate exposure and complexity within specific limits of authority by following established protocols to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer- centric claims service.
• Bachelors Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims and Litigation area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims and Litigation area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims Handling area
• Must obtain and maintain required adjuster license
• Microsoft office experience
• Juris Doctor
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment and across work groups
• Strong multi-tasking and organization skills
• Document claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices for low to moderate exposure and complexity personal or commercial line claims.
• Exercise judgement to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law; establishing basic principles of negligence.
• Exercise judgment to determine policy verification and coverage determination by analyzing applicable coverage for claims and determining whether the loss falls within the coverage.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims.
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
• Negotiate settlement of claim by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits.
• Meet quality standards by following best practices.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; following customer protocols and may participating in customer marketing efforts.
• Manage expenses by working within vendor approved networks and managing scope of work assigned to outside contractors. Departs from approved vendors with manager approval, where in the best interests of the insured.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations and internal control requirements.
• Refer claim to subrogation and fraud teams by identifying potential subrogation and fraud.
• Contribute to profitable growth by providing risk insight, information and trends to Business Unit or customer as needed.
• Protect Zurichs reputation by keeping claims information confidential.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks. And participating in professional societies.
Add. Job Functions:
• May manage litigation by assigning counsel within the approved panel where applicable; establishing litigation plan and budget; coordinating defense lawyer activities; continuously reviewing the potential for settlement with claimant; reviewing litigation expenses and authorizing payments.
• May be dedicated to handle claims for specific accounts to ensure consistency in service and enhance customer knowledge.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.