Position: Matrimonial Real Property (MRP) Special Projects Officer
The National Aboriginal Lands Managers Association (NALMA), is a federally registered not -for-profit organization that is Aboriginal-controlled, community-based, and membership-driven.
NALMA hosts the Centre of Excellence for Matrimonial Real Property (COEMRP). This Centre assists First Nations with the application of the new Family Homes on Reserves and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act (FHRMIRA), by helping to guide First Nations who are opting to develop their own MRP laws and to assist them in fully understanding the Provisional Federal Rules. The Centre provides a wide range of services including: training, community presentations, financial support to First Nations who are in the process of developing their matrimonial real property laws, information on the protections and rights available to individuals and families living on reserves, as well as, research and resource development.
NALMA is accepting applications for the position of Matrimonial Real Property (MRP) Special Projects Officer.
Under the immediate supervision of the MRP Coordinator and secondary supervision of NALMA Executive Director and or her designate, the MRP Special Projects Officer will:
- Manage the MRP Special Funding Project by performing a high level of project management, financial and administrative duties while organizing priorities and maintaining confidentiality
- Administer multiple projects proposals concurrently and ensuring project is processed on time within the funding allocation requirements
- Create proposal, reporting, and file management templates to assist First Nations to access MRP Special Project funding.
- Guide First Nations in understanding and accessing the MRP Special Pilot Project Funding.
- Respond to First Nation inquiries regarding the First Nation MRP Special Pilot Project Funding.
- Provide specific reporting and data collection requirements in accordance with COEMRP service standards and timelines.
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of the Centre of Excellence for Matrimonial Real Property in its mandate to assist with the implementation of the Family Homes on Reserves and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act.
Location: Curve Lake First Nation, Ontario
Employment Type: Contract until March 31st, 2020
Start date is immediate. The successful candidate will be subject to a three (3) month probationary period.
Language Requirement: English
Fluency in both official languages would be an asset
Closing Date: June 10, 2019 at 4:30 pm – Eastern Standard Time (Late applications will not be accepted)
Annual Salary: $ 56,143.00 (annually subject to availability of funds)
Job Description: Available upon request
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Must possess a high level of:
- professional project management leadership skills
- administration skills
- Financial management skills
- communication skills (written & oral)
- organizational and file management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of theory and application of project and financial management
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet Explorer, various online communication methods, Mac operating systems, and Adobe Pro;
- Completion of Post-Secondary certificate/diploma in business and financial administration and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to five years’ experience in the related field of business and financial administration and project management
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings
- Freedom to travel including Saturdays and Sundays
- Must possess a valid current driver’s license
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check as a condition of employment
- Experience working with First Nations would be an asset