Mental Health Therapist
Misiway Milopemahtesewin Community Health Centre, located in Timmins ON is established to provide quality programs and services that honour, respect and support Indigenous culture, values and healing practices, complimented by western approaches to primary health care. We are searching for an experienced Mental Health Therapist who will offer counselling and therapy services using two approaches: main stream and/or indigenous traditional practice as requested by the client.
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Salary Range: $60,500 – $78,000
Misiway Milopemahtesewin Community Health Centre
Bring your proven mental health therapist experience to a challenging and rewarding role in our Community Health Centre. As our Mental Health Therapist you will provide counselling and therapy services that include assessment, provisional diagnosis, treatment, crisis intervention, clinical consultation, case management, education and referrals.
As a successful candidate, your qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree in social work, nursing or psychology with College registration to work in Ontario
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mental health and addictions counselling/therapy including provision of services using both main stream and Indigenous Traditional Healing approaches in care
- Proficiency in current assessment, psychotherapy and psychosocial counselling techniques for individuals and families
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Class G driver’s licence and use of a vehicle are required
- Ability to speak Cree or Ojibway is considered an asset
Indigenous Candidates are encouraged to apply.
A current and clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check and proof of vaccination (minimum 2 doses) against COVID 19 is required. Costs for the vulnerable sector police check are at the expense of the applicant.
APPLY NOW – Please submit your Resume along with a Cover Letter using the provided electronic form to the attention of Erica Ross, Human Resources Consultant by Friday, February 3, 2023. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.