Network Management Officer
Date: Sep 3, 2019
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
|Number of positions:
||Barrie, Ontario (CA-ON)
||DXLN DMD INV (10004671)
|Duration of Assignment:
- Conduct Operations research, technical/economic/business/regulatory impact assessments, and other specialized technical/business studies to determine transmission/distribution customer needs; analyze problems, develop strategies, alternatives and preferred solution; and facilitate delivery of solution through suppliers and service providers. Receive assignment from Supervisor on broad terms on specific problems related to areas of assigned work. Research available resources and contacts and propose effective recommendations to improve performance. Recognize areas requiring further action to avoid problems.
- Monitor, control and redirect major programs and complex projects. Co-ordinate activities with Service Providers and Stakeholders.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and specifications, and present recommendations to resolve issues, producing necessary documentation.
- Participate in the development, definition and preparation of programs, process, technical/operational/business standards, procedures or methods, including risk management and costing related to the management of transmission/distribution assets. Monitor service provider performance; provide re-direction as required.
- Contribute to the development of the business plan and regulatory submissions
- Maintain an awareness of advancing technology developments in business/transmission/distribution equipment and systems.
- Provide technical guidance to others as required, assist in resolution of work problems and train new staff in job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as required
- Requires knowledge and experience in power system asset management, planning, operation and maintenance practices, commissioning and construction for power systems.
- Requires knowledge of engineering science and business administration of Project Management, electrical power systems and equipment relating to transmission/distribution assets, mathematics, information technology, analytical studies related to the application, design and performance of the transmission/distribution system.
- Requires knowledge and experience related to utility risk, regulation and policy functions in general and in Hydro One in particular.
- Requires experience with the measurement, design, monitoring, analysis and reporting function to give advice and guidance to senior management on business performance processes, including setting performance measures and targets.
- Requires experience in developing and implementing performance strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member with a demonstrated ability to be an agent of change.
- The ability to work in a busy environment with competing and changing priorities and limited supervision. Requiring planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and monitoring the quality and quantity of work.
- Requires experience in leading cross-functional teams, program and/or project management. Demonstrated ability to work and lead in an environment requiring interface with subject matter experts from across all LoBs.
- Demonstrated strong organization and planning skills and team player skills.
- Requires strong working knowledge of Sharepoint, Microsoft Office (Visio/Excel/Word/PowerPoint), SAP, etc.
- Completion of 4 years of University training (i.e., Business, Engineering or related discipline)
- Further studies in business would be considered an asset.
- A period of 6 to 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know. Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline: September 17, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.