Network Management Officer (Project Manager Transmission & Distribution)
Date: Dec 7, 2020
Location: To Be Determined, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40243 – To Be Determined – Regular – 0
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Reporting to the Manager, Power Systems Projects within the Strategic Projects department of Hydro One the qualified candidate(s) will provide outstanding project management skills with a focus on contract management and administration, scheduling, monitoring, tracking, reporting and controlling projects through the entire project life cycle. Specifically, we are looking for strong relevant experience in fields such as project management, engineering and/or construction management within the electrical transmission sector.
- Monitor, control and redirect major programs and complex projects during the development and execution phase.
- Co-ordinate activities with service providers and stakeholders.
- Resolve issues through negotiation with the service providers and customer.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and specifications, and present recommendations to resolve issues, producing necessary documentation, as necessary
- Provide guidance to, liaise with and/or work with other internal and external interested groups.
- Participate in the preparation of business cases for the management of transmission assets.
- Be responsible for the preparation of contract specifications and awards and provide necessary technical direction to service providers.
- Monitor service provider performance, provide redirection as required, and authorize payment.
- Represent the unit on discussions and negotiation with customers, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Promote adherence to corporate values and contribute towards securing, protecting and advancing objectives.
- Contribute to the development of regulatory submissions.
- Maintain an awareness of advancing technology developments in transmission equipment and systems.
- Work with service providers and internal groups to ensure capabilities to perform required works, negotiate contracts and performance initiatives, monitor and redirect work as required.
- Provide technical guidance to others as required.
- Perform other duties as required
- Requires knowledge of engineering science and business administration of project management, electrical power systems and equipment relating to transmission assets, mathematics and information technology
- Requires a broad experience related to the design, performance, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of transmission assets.
- Requires knowledge of technical writing for the preparation of contract documents, scopes of work, presentations and technical reports and specifications.
- Requires knowledge of contract administration and management.
- Requires knowledge of analytical studies related to the application, design and performance of the transmission system.
- Requires a knowledge of economics to carry out economic evaluations and to compare alternatives and assess results.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Requires experience of the electrical power system operational and business requirements, policies, practices and procedures governing transmission assets.
- Requires experience in project management, including scoping, estimating, scheduling, execution planning, project monitoring and redirection and change management.
- A period of over 8 years of relevant experience is considered typical to gain this experience.
- Demonstrates a strong adherence to safety policies and procedures, and leads by example.
- Demonstrated professional level of communication skills, both oral and written, to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated record of solving problems that require analysis of numerous variables and alternative solutions, and exercising judgment.
- Demonstrated record of self-motivated behavior and perseverance to accomplish objectives in spite of obstacles.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate work (technical and non-technical), and work in a team environment.
- The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance.
- Flexibility and adaptability regarding changes to work, re-prioritization and managing multiple projects or tasks.
- The desire to assist others, to meet their needs.
- The ability to build persuasive arguments based on logic and fact.
- The discipline to perform regular monitor, control and accurate reporting for projects.
- The ability to analyze financial results and data and take appropriate action.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: December 21, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.