Officer Global Banking KYCS (3 positions) : 00008G22
Employment Type: Regular
High Risk: This position manages complex Global or Domestic, Credit, Leasing, and Treasury Global Banking entity and client KYCS and AML information gathering, for both existing and new, client on boarding requests. Interviewing Global Banking client executives with Domestic or Global Account opening and product needs to explain what level and type of information needs to be obtained. Confirmation of treasury documentation compliance and all Trade clients KYCC / KYCS and E-channel products. Perform analysis of independent research gleaned from web crawler application and corporate registry search engines. In depth knowledge and application of all FATCA and CDD related requirements. Strong analytical skills necessary to identify any Compliance or risk information related to the customer entity. SCC client file reviews and sales / transaction activity reviews, completion of CRRT documents
Working with domestic or Global teams, acts as legal liaison, working directly with in house counsel, SCC and Compliance teams to ensure information that is required to define risk profile for the client can be determined, allowing business decision to be made regarding client suitability. Ensuring SLA’s are maintained at all times while organizational Global objectives are also being met. Responsible for the overall end to end Onboarding or remediation customer journey experience and channels review / enablement to include HSBCnet documentation and ISA registration. Expert Knowledge of SCC and AML Global Standards regulatory requirements, high risk industries. How to probe clients during interview to ascertain type of Industry, purpose of accounts, source of funds explain legal terms and conditions, escalating when anything untoward is determined. Manages expectations providing progress updates. FIM’s threshold of 3% of less deficiencies exceed client service standards productivity goals and quality standards.
Impact on the Business
- High Risk – Responsible for AML KYC Compliance information gathering and evidence documents, for all new complex Global Banking or product client onboarding / research Legal Liaison for HSBC. Working directly with Executives of the Bank and Executives or Legal team of the client.
- Work with other global teams /departments in establishing work processes and production goals. Monitor and ensure processes are efficient and goals are met; recommend changes as needed.
- May be responsible for daily supervision of staff to provide support and problem resolution. Plans, schedules and monitors the quality and efficiency of unit’s work. Ensures unit’s staff requirements are met, well trained and adherence to all departmental service standards. Direct adherences to policy and procedural guidelines, to ensure a FIM’s threshold of 3% deficiencies or less is maintained
- Manage and coordinate working relationships within Compliance & Legal Department, SCC, Branch Support, BRCM and RBWM Operations.
- Stay on top of any / all changes to AML KYC risk policy and Compliance procedures including assessment of risks associated with processes.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Support and Branch Effectiveness.
- Identify & engage all key stakeholders and subject matter experts for changes to policy and procedures including assessment of risks associated with processes.
- Reviewing, amending and/or seeking stakeholder concurrence to policy and procedures relating to Global Banking accounts and all forms associated with Global Banking account opening.
- Update sections of the Operations Manual pertaining to Global Banking account opening as well as other relevant manuals or user guides as may be required.
- Complete research and compile material and make recommendations to Senior Management which balance the needs of risk/control for Global Banking banking business.
- Provide support to correct identified problems, including work simplification, process design and workflow reorganization.
- Global Banking and Markets (RM’s Executives and HSBC Global Clients)
- Treasury, GBM, Trade, Leasing, CIAO
- Global Banking & Global Banking CreditPCM
- HSBC Compliance
Leadership & Teamwork
- Document and resolve complex onboarding issues, escalate most complex issues to the Head of Global Banking and or
- Head of KYCSCultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- The position makes decisions based on Corporate or company research, analyzing information gleaned as a part of information gathered remotely and as a part of the onboarding client interview, within assigned authority. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Analyzing research materials and information gathered to compile customer profile material. Understanding Global E-channel capabilities and how these relate to risk. Working through SCC reviews, make recommendations to Management / Executives which balance the needs of Global Banking business and risk/control. Working with SCC and Compliance teams to present clear concise accurate information necessary to prepare a risk statement. Provide end to end support acting as key contact for the client onboarding and then ensure hand over to HSBCnet and trade training teams. Correct identified problems, including work simplification, process design and workflow reorganization.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC-North America and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events. Abide by human resources and other HSBC policies in support of our ethical and respectful work environment.
- High risk, Responsible to manage the Onboarding or remediation including all documentation and data input workflow management tracking of a Global / Internationalclient Onboarding from receipt through to implementation, including e-channels set up and engaging other teams when necessary. Ownership from receipt of request through to completion, doc hand off to RM for signing, SCC or CRRT requirements, may involve full review of all information obtained / documented meets quality requirements, prior to opening account on the system.
- Doc prep / data input in ClientConnect as a part of client interview. SCC and CRRT liaison to satisfy any all information requirements gathering to allow statement of risk to be produced and Business decision to be made.
- Ability to work through complex org structures to identify ultimate beneficial ownership and gathering of Full KYCS on a minimum of 3 signers, light KYCS on remainder.
- Expert level of knowledge as it pertains to AML KYC Compliance, sanctions, Industry business risks,
- Perform research and analyze information ensuring information obtained during interviews is consistent with 3rd party information
- Ensuring adherence to global internal and external standards of client service, KYCS (Know Your Client Standards ), risk management and compliance.
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with all stakeholders.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Must ensure that any AML KYC deficiencies identified are clearly defined, communicated and escalated. Also, that processing errors are within the 10% or better range, set by Group FIM’s
- All necessary constating documents and research on each entity is in place according to regulatory requirements and Bank policy
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report issues and operational loss events. Abide by human resources and other HSBC policies in support of our ethical and respectful work environment.
- Preferred post-secondary education: University/Business School degree or through ICB accreditation or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-4 years banking experience with proven and progressive Operations experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure, many times under tight timelines
- Sound knowledge of the HSBC policy and procedures applicable to Anti-Money Laundering AML), Know Your Client Standards (KYCS) and SCC. Familiar with Global Banking account opening documentation, Channels documentation operations.
- Familiarity with the Bank’s full range of Global Banking non-lending products & services, including PCM products & services.
- Strong effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivator, able to demonstrate good judgment and exercise independent discretion at all times.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experienced with general principles of time management and ability to meet critical deadlines through effective scheduling and prioritizing of daily routines.
- Ability to analyze problems, prepare reports and recommendations, follow through on activity through to successful completion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 28-Nov-2016, 17:00:37 Unposting Date : 30-Nov-2016, 23:59:00