The urban Aboriginal youth we serve will have increased confidence, self-esteem and leadership abilities. They will develop skills and a strong attachment to the workforce that will make them more employable and provide them with greater stability. NPAAMB will be a leader in supporting our youth as they transform into leaders contributing to their communities.
The Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board is currently seeking:
- OLES Journey to Success Program Coordinator
6 Month Full Time Contract Position (40 Hours per week)
Location: 285 Bunting Road, St. Catharines
The OLES Program Coordinator, under the direction of the Program Manager, will work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with the main responsibility to coordinate the Journey to Success program implementation, service delivery, reporting and evaluation.. The Coordinator will work closely with the Program Manager to deliver the group based Essential Skills training in 5 catchment areas focused on hospitality and tourism and building construction trades.
Main Responsibilities include:
PROJECT COORDINATION – PLAN, DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT, EVALUATE (50%):
- Plans and develops program tasks and resource requirements (time, financial, people, technology);
- Reviews and evaluates program deliverables, services and initiatives using appropriate tools;
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Program Manager to communicate the progress of activities. Provide monthly narrative and analysis reports to Program Manager of activities and progress
IMPLEMENTATION/SERVICE DELIVERY (20%):
- Coordinates and executes client recruitment, intake/application, screening and interviewing of all program applicants.
- Collaborate with Niagara College team for intake assessments of all applicants as part of the screening process
- Regular review of program budget with Program Manager to ensure financial milestones and analysis are complete to guide fiscal management practices
- Coordinate logistics for focus groups evaluation components to include: meeting space, hospitality.
- Create and administer client satisfaction surveys and summarize results into report to assist NPAAMB with general evaluation strategies
CLIENT CASE MANAGEMENT (15%):
- Work directly with registered participants for the duration of the program to ensure linkages and action planning with Community, Youth Service Officers and other service providers and; to address and remedy the immediate needs of clients as they arise;
- Completes KETO Database System entries to ensure accuracy and required case management of clients.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated proven experiences with:
- Five years of progressive experience in a related field
- Experience supervision of a minimum of 3- 5 staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Sociology, Child and Youth Studies or a related field or 5 years experience front line client service and program coordination
- Knowledge of relevant cultural traditions and Indigenous history
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of the 9 recognized essential skills
The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Southern Ontario to other office locations to fulfill the duties of the position.
Mail, Courier or email your Resume and/or CV, and 3-work-related references, to the attention of:
Christina Brookes, HR and Training Manager [email protected]
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board
50 Generations Drive, 2nd Flr. Box 9|Ohsweken ON N0A 1M0
Applicants are strongly encouraged to request the e-copy of the job description from Christina Brookes, HR and Training Manager at [email protected]
Closing Date: Monday, January 13, 2020 by 4 pm
Start Date: as soon as possible, preferably mid to late January 2020
Salary range: $48,000 – $50,000 per annum
All offers of employment are contingent upon receipt and acceptance of Vulnerable Sector CPIC
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. We thank you for your application, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An Equal Opportunity Employer. PREFERENCE TO QUALIFIED
CANDIDATES OF ABORIGINAL DESCENT WILL BE GIVEN