Neskantaga Education Authority is inviting applicants for:
One (1) Grades 4, 5 & 6 Teacher Position.
For the Neskantaga Education Centre with a contract ending June 23, 2017 and includes an Employee Benefit Package.
We are seeking committed individuals, who will contribute to our school and to the community, and who will become involved in extra-curricular activities when required.
Preferred candidates will have the following assets and qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register;
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions;
- Experience residing in northern communities and working in First Nation schools;
- A sense of adventure;
- Willingness to become involved in extracurricular activities;
- Ability to prepare daily lessons plans and long range plans;
- Fluency in Ojibway is an asset;
- Must possess the willingness, along with physical ability, to work with students with many diverse needs;
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work closely with other teachers, parents and principal.
Salary: Commensurate with education/knowledge as per NEA Salary Grid.
If interested, please submit resume/application including reference(s) to:
Neskantaga Education Authority
P.O. Box 103
Lansdowne House, Ontario
Attn: Tony Sakanee, NEA Education Director
Fax: (807) 479-2512
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (807) 479-2698 or 479-2570
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled, at which time the posting will be removed. We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Neskantaga Education Authority; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.