PM Drive Host for FPR Radio
Are you ready for prime time?
FPR (First Peoples Radio) is looking for a dynamic P.M. Drive personality to join our Ottawa team.
- Represents FPR by serving as on air personality, and as a representative, seeks to maintain the excellent reputation of FPR radio at all times;
- Assists the Operations Manager with organizing and participating in the planning of materials for broadcast;
- Performs the afternoon drive show from 3pm to 7pm Monday to Friday;
- Does one Voice Track shift for the weekend;
- Interviews guests, celebrities, music artists, community representatives, etc, both on & off air; prepares background notes and questions;
- Assists the Operations Manager with marketing and promotions show strategies including new program ideas;
- Collaborates with the Production Manager to record commercials and promos;
- Communicates topical and timely creative ideas to achieve better and relevant on air content;
- Monitors national and local news and events for relevancy and stays informed on current and emerging issues;
- Remains aware of all National issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
- Ensures the equipment being used in in proper operating condition and makes regular checks;
- Does external marketing and station promotion work;
- Monitors social media for requests, birthdays and new listener information;
- Helps to assure that stations website is maintained at the highest standard.
Requirements & Experience:
- A degree /diploma in a relevant discipline and 2-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to share timely ideas, current events and concepts with a diverse audience
- Experience doing an Afternoon Morning Show in a medium to major market
- Experience as an on stage performer and/or musician is an asset
- Experience with an Indigenous organization, language and culture is an asset
- Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business related computer software is required.
Please email your application by June 21, 2019 to Matthew at [email protected] quoting file FPR – 00013.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicant to apply.