Policy Analyst: Education
The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Policy Analyst: Education. The Analyst will be a key member of the newly established Education Department. Our ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills, enjoy working as a team, and have the ability to lead complex projects.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a key member of a COO Education Sector.
- Conduct in-depth research, data collection, policy analysis, and environmental scanning of current and future legislation, policies and programs impacting First Nation learners along the lifelong learning continuum.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with government ministries, First Nation communities and organizations to ensure effective communication flow and dialogue between all partners.
- Actively participate and collaborate in working groups and task teams and provide policy / program recommendations.
- Develop and implement accurate reporting mechanisms that measure the efficacy of previous and current programs, strategies and initiatives and inform ongoing improvements.
- Develop and implement work plans to address priority files associated with the lifelong learning continuum.
- Attend and take notes at relevant meetings and gatherings.
- Assist in planning and successful execution of meetings, gatherings and engagement.
- Consolidate information and develop appropriate written communications.
- Relevant post-secondary education.
- Experience in the field of work to be undertaken.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions, cultures, and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown.
- Experience with the First Nation and provincial education programming and policies.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, written and verbal.
- Capacity to work effectively independently and as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Experience with data collection and analysis.
DURATION: October 2022 – March 31, 2024, with the possibility of extension based on funding availability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources