Policy Analyst: Youth
The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Policy Analyst: Youth. The Policy Analyst will be a key member of the Youth Sector and will provide support to the Ontario First Nations Young Peoples Council (OFNYPC). Our ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills, enjoy working as a team, and have the ability to lead complex projects.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid work arrangement available)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as a key member of the Chiefs of Ontario (COO) Youth Sector supporting the activities of the Ontario First Nations Young Peoples Council (OFNYPC).
- Conducts in-depth research, data collection, and analysis of policies and programs related to First Nations youth in Ontario.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with First Nation communities and organizations, federal and provincial government ministries, and organizations serving Indigenous youth.
- Supports the COO Youth Sector with arranging, coordinating and planning youth gatherings/conferences, meetings, and other events.
- Supports program development by assisting in planning, research and coordination of projects and activities.
- Prepare, briefing notes, speaking notes, presentations and policy documents.
- Supports the development and implementation of a youth communications strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Participate in meetings and functions with representatives of First Nations, federal and provincial government ministries, and other organizations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Travel will be required from time to time.
- Relevant post-secondary education and work experience.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions, cultures, and values.
- Political knowledge for working with First Nation, provincial and federal governments.
- Project management and coordination skills.
- Research and statistical analysis skills to conduct environmental scans, trends data analyses, data management, and quantitative and qualitative research.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Computer applications skills (word processing, spreadsheet, project scheduling, and internet) to research and prepare documents as required.
- Experience with video conferencing platforms (Zoom and Microsoft Teams) is considered an asset.
*Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Successful Candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
DURATION: October 2022 to March 31 2023 (with the potential for renewable based on available funding.)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources