Title: Production Labourer 1
Job Requisition ID: 281730
Location: Jarvis, Ontario, Canada, N0A 1J0
Category: BUILD OPERATE MAINTAIN (PLANT OPNS)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
- Job type: Full time permanent
- Shift available: 3rd shift from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am (S,M,W,T)
- Compensation: $21.51 +Shift premium
The Production Labourer is responsible to prepare chicks for delivery. Achieved by conducting servicing requirements as well as production related sanitation procedures.
- Removing chicks from hatchers
- Culling chicks
- Separates chicks according to sex
- Conducts random quality checks such as counts, culls and sexing
- Informs lead hand and supervisor of deviations from standard on all quality chicks
- Ensures all orders are prepared to specification set out by lead hand and supervisor
- Washes trays and dollies in the Tray Wash room
- Sweeps and disposes of egg shell residue
- Use of sanitizers, garden hoses and pressure hoses
- Wears and maintains (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment
- Maintains total awareness of and ensures compliance with occupational company health & safety act and policies
- Identifies procedural and ergonomic changes to workstations
- Ensures good housekeeping practices through continued monitoring and awareness
- Ensures strict adherence to bio-security rules and regulations
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 30 lbs, kneeling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Able to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This Night Full-Time position is in Jarvis, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.