Program Support Officer, Mental Wellness Team – Maternity Leave (Remote)
First Peoples Wellness Circle (FPWC) is a national not-for-profit corporation that is governed and managed by Indigenous leaders and exists to improve the lives of Canada’s First Peoples by addressing healing, wellness, and other mental health challenges. The mission of FPWC is to advocate for collaborative transformative change to create pathways to wellness and whole health for First Peoples shaped by diverse Indigenous cultural lenses. Our work focuses on the implementation of the First Nation Mental Wellness Continuum Framework and supporting the First Nation Mental Wellness Teams.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Program Support Officer, Mental Wellness Team – Maternity Leave. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), fully remote position.
Our head office is located in North Bay, Ontario, and individuals from Ontario may be given preference.
As the Program Support Officer, Mental Wellness Team – Maternity Leave you will be responsible for supporting the Program Manager Mental Wellness Team, assisting with the development of the program, and, with the delivery of the day-to-day services provided to the workforce.
What you will be doing
- Provide support to the Program Manager, Mental Wellness Team with the creation and implementation of the program.
- Gather, analyze, and process data related to the program.
- Prepare documents, materials, and reports.
- Assist in the development of budgets and maintain budgets.
- Gather and provide feedback on the program and assist in making improvements to the program based on this feedback.
- Assist with the selection of research Consultants, review research.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of national programs and services.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, take and distribute meeting minutes and monitor action items.
- Provide ongoing support to the program.
What you will need to be successful
- College Diploma, Certification, or bachelor’s degree (Mental Health, Health or related field)
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a program support role
- Knowledge and understanding of mental wellness services in First Nation communities such as Mental Wellness and Crisis Support Teams
- Experience working with the Indigenous/First Nations community or non-profit setting would be considered an asset
- Experience in Program Development / Coordination
- Experience working with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Fluency in English (verbal and written), use of and/or fluency in an Indigenous language an asset
- Access to reliable internet and private office space to work remotely
What we offer
- Competitive salary, and a stipend for working from home.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, demonstrating how they meet the criteria. While FPWC appreciates all applications, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. First Peoples Wellness Circle gives preference to First Nation applicants for any employment opportunities as per Section 24(1)(a) OHRC.
Deadline: Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Please submit an application to
Claire Scanlan, Operations Manager
Via email to email@example.com
Subject Header: Program Support Officer, Mental Wellness Team – Maternity Leave