Programs Process Specialist
Date: Dec 14, 2020
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40321 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Monitor, evaluate, and recommend changes and best practices to ensure efficient and effective completion of assigned work programs or processes.
- Identify, plan, organize, document and monitor requirements and processes for activities requiring completion by various work groups, to ensure delivery of service as agreed.
- Contribute to the interpretation and assessment of the organizational performance as it relates to the execution of work programs, paying particular attention to the effectiveness of business processes, and the penetration and successful adaptation of allied software tools and data systems.
- Produce or oversee the development of the communication and training requirements relating to a wide variety of business operations processes and related subjects, and make presentations associated with the technical and operational processes affected.
- Compile and review information and estimates on distribution and transmission work. Evaluate the complete package, identify and recommend potential changes to improve the final package including prices and service levels.
- Provide advice and recommendations on Network Services capabilities on price, service levels, processes and other deliverables as part of negotiation of Service Level Agreements or Contracts.
- Identify potential items, programs or processes requiring audit and develop standards and specifications to ensure reasonable compliance against standards or processes. Perform compliance audits on programs/processes. Assist in process benchmarking and identify potential best practices to improve assigned processes.
- Exercise limited or periodic supervision over staff assigned to assist/contribute to specific studies or projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a sound knowledge of the theories and principles relating to business methods, processes, and operations, including change management techniques to ensure programs and processes are administered in an effective and efficient manner.
- Requires knowledge of electrical fundamentals, network theory, power systems and apparatus.
- Requires knowledge of the distribution business to understand technical and customer related issues.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to effectively prepare clear, concise correspondence, procedures and processes and to be able to discuss program requirements and associated negotiations with others.
- Requires knowledge of technical writing for the preparation of standards and specifications and to interpret Service Level Agreements or contracts or to prepare effective reports.
- Requires knowledge of statistical and estimating principles to apply and understand cost control operations related to the preparation, or evaluation of estimates.
- Requires knowledge of computer systems, software and analytical techniques to carry out analytical studies related to assigned work processes of the distribution business.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training in the appropriate subjects (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Requires experience in negotiation practices to have developed issue resolution techniques pertaining to Service Level Agreements or Contracts.
- Requires experience working independently and on a team to competently handle conflicting priorities while adhering to stringent deadlines and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Requires experience with various computer systems and software to select and utilize the most effective for data compilation as it relates to distribution work. Requires practical knowledge of the daily technical and operational processes of head office and the field organization to understand technical aspects of the job and customer related issues including applicable policies, practices, pricing and assigned work processes.
- Requires experience monitoring organizational performance, using a variety of diagnostic tools, and working in change management initiatives to secure organizational alignment and improved performance.
- Requires experience in developing and delivering presentations/training.
- Requires an understanding of the asset management business model.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 4, 2021