Bring your leadership and expertise in coordination, planning, monitoring, work management, resource management, performance metrics and analytical reporting to this 9-month opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Service Delivery (ESD), Management Services unit, you will provide operational coordination, planning & monitoring, reporting, and decision-making support services to the ESD management team. You will support the delivery of ESD work plan priorities and service improvements in the areas including, but not limited to: Work Planning, Resource Management, Performance Management, Application Portfolio Lifecycle, and Operational Quality Assurance.
Your responsibilities as a Project Coordinator IT (ESD Management Services Coordinator/Analyst) will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Conducts research into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and evaluates staff performance, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Drafts project documentation such as risk/issue management plans/logs, business requirements, project charters, procurement documents, cost tracking, project schedules, communication management plans, reports and presentations.
- Provides direction and guidance to project teams. Coordinates, in working with Information Technology and client staff, project activities, communication, administration, planning, writing, and monitoring.
- Prepares business cases, feasibility (including economic, organizational, operational, technical impact) studies, project charters/plans, business/functional/technical requirements, design documents, training strategies/plans and user documentation.
- Prepares reports for the Unit Manager, Project Managers and Section Director making recommendations on project decisions, budgets, staffing levels and resource allocation.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets, taking action on issue and risk management pertaining to project expenditures.
- Develops and maintains project schedules using project management systems (such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Enterprise Project Management, etc.).
- Documents meeting minutes and distributes project communications. Implements and maintains project management processes such as issue management, project change management and risk management.
- Facilitates collection of business requirements and builds consensus amongst clients on accomplishment of deliverables.
- Liaises and co-ordinates with internal and external groups on accomplishment of deliverables. Assists with the evaluation, selection and recommendation of technical solutions and professional services and manages vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process.
- Prepares various formal contractual documents such as Request for Information/ Proposal/Quotation (RFI/P/Q), Statement of Work (SOW), Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Recruits project delivery staff and/or coordinates recruitment activities for projects.
Your application for the role of Project Coordinator (ESD Management Services Coordinator/Analyst) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Completion of a post-secondary program related to Business, IT Management, or other related program or combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience coordinating operational work through all stages of the solutions delivery life cycle (SDLC) as per development and sustainment plans.
- Demonstrated experience working with the MS Office 2013 Suite (Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Demonstrated experience in producing analytical reports and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work with competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Considerable experience facilitating discussions, delivering effective presentations, and building relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience preparing management plans and documents (e.g., requirements, frameworks, charters, schedules, scope document, resource plan, options analysis, etc.).
- Experience developing and managing operational budgets.
- Experience coaching and training internal business and technical team members.
- Experience in procurement processes, including the preparation of Requests for Proposal and Vendor Agreements / Statements of Work.
- Considerable experience supervising staff, assigning work, monitoring performance and motivating teams in a matrix-based work environment.
- Experience developing an operational work schedule, including business cycle, resource plan, budget estimates, and identification of a critical path.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard technology (such as Power BI) an asset.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
Contribute to the vision of “Toronto better served through innovative Information Technology”
As North America’s fourth largest city and Canada’s financial and business capital, the City of Toronto is seeking innovative, proven information technology specialists to join our dynamic team. Help build a best practice IT organization that will be responsive in meeting the needs of our 240+ different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites.
Join the Toronto Public Service as a Project Coordinator IT (ESD Management Services Coordinator/Analyst) within our award-winning IT Division, supporting the City programs and services that ultimately serve approximately million residents.
The diversity of our IT applications, services and infrastructure mirrors the diversity of our citizens. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 petabyte of data. We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our successful use of IT to attract leading-edge business, build skills, generate economic growth and improve government service delivery. Our talented teams are behind the creation of the Toronto Public Library’s express checkout system, the City’s 3-1-1 Report It Online campaign, and the integration with Canada Post’s ePost Service.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.