To coordinate the implementation of Divisional projects and service initiatives within the Chief Corporate Officer’s Organization (CCOO).
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Conducts research into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Operates within Divisional business and action plans for operations and practices, and assists where required in developing strategies/policies/programs/action plans, to achieve approved time frames and technical requirements.
- Identifies and recommends project options with short/medium/long term implementation periods.
- Provides project management and service initiative support to the Director of Business Performance Management.
- Works with the programs and Divisions within the CCOO to carry out the work tasks associated with projects and initiatives and various business performance measures.
- Makes recommendations to senior management with regards to service optimization and business process simplifications. Works with various City Divisions by helping to assess their inventory of current, standards and business processes, and staffing levels for facility related services to help identify information gaps and opportunities for more efficient interdivisional coordination.
- Supports the various committees, Managers and program leads by organizing interdivisional working groups, setting agendas, documenting programs, reporting findings and business performance measures, and carrying out work tasks.
- Coordinates and manages the implementation of identified projects for the CCOO. Works with the Manager to define the scope of projects and develops project work plans and schedules.
- Prepares and implements communication plans and material and training to meet Divisional objectives and communications including E-newsletters and Web-based platforms.
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and interprets data/information, and reports on findings to develop recommendations for the purpose of improving efficiencies and effectiveness of facility related program services and how they fit into business models and plans.
- Works with various governance bodies on finalizing the Terms of Reference and any Request for Proposals for approved consultant studies.
- Coordinates project activities and provides direction as required. Monitors work output and ensures results are achieved within specified time frames and budget restrictions.
- Fosters and maintains cooperative working relationships on projects and initiatives among staff across the CCOO and City-Wide.
- Assesses the analysis and recommendations from corporate initiatives on the CCOO and its programs.
- Compiles and analyses confidential HR and financial data and reports for approval.
- Coordinates organizational restructuring efforts and HR transition plans.
- Post-secondary education in a professional discipline pertinent to the job function or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable experience coordinating, supporting and facilitating small and large scale projects including the definition of project purpose and objective, project activities, milestones and deliverables, monitoring and tracking progress, and communication to stakeholders.
- Experience coordinating change management initiatives and teams and organizing complex multi-stakeholder projects to successful project completion.
- Experience applying project management principles and methodologies, developing and using project and change management tools, and tracking status.
- Excellent customer service focus, negotiation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Highly developed verbal, written and oral communication skills with the demonstrated ability to write and present complex information to a variety of audiences including writing reports, briefing notes, fact sheets, Q&A’s facilitating working sessions, and delivering presentations.
- Proficient with a variety of software packages including MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint, MS Project) and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team, collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary environment and to work independently as required.
- Demonstrated ability to review, interpret, develop and prepare process maps.
- Ability to conduct detailed and/or non-structured research or analysis with minimum supervision, within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in managing, maintaining, assessing and reviewing data, standards and services to identify best practices and opportunities for improvements in service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to gain buy-in and support from managers and senior staff on new approaches, change initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and discretion managing confidential information such as that pertaining to human resources matters and the transformation initiative, Council or senior staff.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID #2260545 Project Coordinator.