This position focuses on projects of small to moderate size and complexity. Leading the project team, defines the business problem and formulates the project/systems scope and objectives. Utilizes a detailed understanding of insurance, processes, and business systems to drive the research and analysis of the defined problem, design the recommended solution, and implement the solution, addressing associated change management. Specific consulting responsibilities include facilitating operational transformation via strategic/industry perspectives acting as a thought partner with key business leaders, defining and structuring opportunities/projects to deliver the transformation strategy, leading these process reengineering and continuous improvement projects, e.g. LEAN/Six Sigma. Business systems integration responsibilities include leading the project team to deliver the business requirements and functional design of the system solution, full testing strategy and execution, vendor management, and serving as trusted business advisor between business and IT.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Communications or Project Management area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Communications or Project Management area
• Experience in strategic and operational consulting or business systems integration
• Project Management Professional Certification
• In-depth, strong problem solving analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Insurance Industry Experience
• Canadian Guidewire Platform Experience
• Experienced in managing projects within the Guidewire Product Suite (integrations, upgrades, mergers)
• Align with organizational/strategic direction that affects project goals and objectives
• Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
• Resolve resource constraints and/or conflicts that affect multiple projects within the program
• Resolve issues and change management within a shared governance structure
• Guide teams on Agile best practices and make changes to delivery practices as required
• Develop project plans and associated communications documents to an appropriate level of detail
• Identify and proactively manage project risks and issues
• Participate/drive inception workshops and lead Agile ceremonies.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Develop and deliver status reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, and devise contingency plans
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
• Builds and owns relationships with management and business partners as appropriate throughout the project cycle.
• Collaborate with project teams & stakeholders; both internal and external to Zurich
• Leads and executes the solution design (including metrics and measures) and implementation, including associated change management activities.
• Leads post-implementation review and share findings for continuous improvement.
• Establishes project direction, defines key results, develops plans, establishes goals, and identifies critical success factors.
• Partner with key business leaders to develop the operational transformation strategy.
• Provides thought leadership in area of expertise (e.g., underwriting) to develop strategy.
• Leads and drives future state design.
• Acts as a business improvement SME to the enterprise.
• Manages vendor engagements.
• Participates and guides business in prioritization of system enhancements.
• Manages prioritization of process/system issues working with business and partners on the solutions.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.