Date: Jan 25, 2021
Location: To Be Determined, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
Job ID: 41044
Location: To Be Determined
Job Type: Regular
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Current Locations Available:
Buchanan TS, Scott TS, Bruce SC, Parkway TS, Darlington (Bowmanville), Richview TS, Belleville TS, Kenora, and Sault Ste. Marie
Please note: Additional locations may become available. Those vacancies will be filled following Midterm Agreement MT-75.
*Location preferences must be ranked by completing the accompanying online survey. The survey link can be found at the bottom of this job posting.
- Perform initial inspections, conduct trouble-shooting and preventative maintenance, carry out modifications and repairs as required, on all types of protection, telecommunications, metering networks and control equipment.
- Perform initial inspection checks, to ensure that newly equipment are ready to be placed in service
- Receive assignment from Supervisor, with direction as necessary on specific technical details, work procedures and potential problem areas.
- Examine pertinent specifications and drawings and discuss with design and functional groups as necessary, to ensure complete understanding of proposed work.
- Perform functional tests of the overall schemes, as appropriate, to ensure that they satisfy performance requirements.
- Conduct prescribed detailed tests after the equipment has been placed in service to ensure that it is functioning correctly. Correct drawings.
- Investigate incorrect or unexplained equipment performance as necessary, to identify, locate and correct faults in installed equipment.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and tests on installed equipment based on current work programs to ensure that the equipment is in good operating condition or identify problems; readjust or recalibrate as required.
- Requires a knowledge of the theory and operating characteristics of power and distribution equipment and systems and of associated protection, telecommunications, metering, network and control equipment and circuits
- Requires a knowledge of instruments and test equipment as used in checking electrical and electronic circuits
- Requires a knowledge of advanced mathematics including calculus, analytical trigonometry, algebra and logarithms in the study and application of electronic and electrical theory
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired in and equivalent to a three-year electrical engineering technology program and at least six years experience in the Protection and Control function
- Must have an Electrical Technologist Diploma or deemed equivalent by Ontario’s independent certifying body for engineering and applied science technicians and technologists.
- Must have completed the Hydro One P&C training program.
- Must have a valid “Full” G Driver’s License
- Successful validation of a PRA (Personell Risk Asssesment) is required.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the Grade 65 Technologist job may be considered for a P&C Technologist Trainee position (occupation code #381928) but must have a three year technologist diploma, a valid class G drivers license, and be PRA verifiable to be considered.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 8, 2021
*IMPORTANT: In order for your application to be considered you must rank your location preferences through the provided survey link alongside submitting your online application. To complete the survey, please CLICK HERE.
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.