- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
RC Administrative Officer : 00008DMX
RC Administrative Officer : 00008DMX
Employment Type: Regular
The Chief & Risk Administration Office (CRAO) forms part of the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) and Regulatory Compliance (RC) COO team. Its vision is to provide consistent and quality support on People, Finance, Governance and Administrative Support to FCC and RC staff to facilitate the development and implementation of an efficient Financial Crime and Regulatory agenda at a Global, Regional, and Country level. The role of the FCC/RC Administrative Officer assists management in completing a variety of administrative and support activities. The role requires knowledge of processes in FCC/RC in order to maintain accurate department records/ schedule, conduct a thorough business impact analysis for business continuity planning purposes. The role requires an understanding of FCC/RC roles and system applications in order to provide appropriate user access.
Impact on the Business
- Specific areas of responsibility include some or all of the following:
- coding and tracking of invoices (including a large volume of contingent worker invoices and offshore billing), getting proper signing authorities’ signature, and submitting to Canada Accounts Payable for processing; drafting Journal Voucher entries for review and approval for financial accruals
- tracking of budget including travel and training; daily and monthly Income/Expense reconciliation and escalating unusual items
- assisting with travel booking and expense claims for Senior Management and guidance to policy
- maintaining seating charts and updating space liaison spreadsheet for recharge purposes; coordinating desk moves
- assisting to resolve facilities issues
- ordering stationery and supplies according to Bank policies and internal guidelines
- raising Group Service Requests (GSRs) and other necessary documentation to provide/revoke building access, equipment, and system access
- assisting with meeting room bookings for visitors (including regulators and Group visitors)
- consolidating Department Records Retention Schedule and updating as required
- facilitating and recording external storage
- taking meeting minutes
- consolidating responses and drafting reports for filing to Regulators or Group
- drafting Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and input by conducting business impact analysis of all processes, regulatory deadlines, and technology requirements within department, coordination and administration of BCP Alternate Site Tests, Remote Access Tests, Workload Transfer Tests, and maintenance and distribution of BCP Call Tree Lists
- maintaining organizational charts, blueprint, and workforce data
- administration of end to end hiring process for all permanent and contingent workers including Hiring Approval Tracking (HAT), liaising with Recruitment to post roles, position updates on Group HR System, onboarding of new hires including coordination of user requirements, completing Right to Work and New Hire Documentation; tracking of all new hires and terminations
- assisting with other duties/projects as assigned
Customers / Stakeholders
- Gives support to team/department at all times
- Works collaboratively with their immediate and wider team members
- Focuses on the end user – the HSBC customers at all times
- Owns and resolves issues with all stakeholders or customers and understands how and when to escalate
- Deal effectively and efficiently with external Suppliers
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a role model for our Group Values and behaviors (Open, Connected, Dependable), supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values.
- Acts as a mentor to assist new joiners as required
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards. The position makes decisions within assigned authority. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The role falls within the Chief Risk & Administration Office (CRAO). Working within a fast-paced, high pressure environment, the jobholder is involved in the full spectrum of work and/or issues dealt with by the team and expected to use initiative to problem solve.
- The jobholder interacts with all levels of personnel and management and is expected to maintain confidentiality in data handled.
- This position is expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy, identifying and resolving queries on a day-to-day basis,
- The jobholder is required to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy/detail quality work.
- Fostering and maintaining an attitude of ‘can do’ within the team
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The position influences decisions due to its involvement in coordinating and planning activities and determines the proper handling of situations encountered. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience working in a senior administrative or secretarial role supporting a senior manager or function
- In-depth knowledge of Department or Unit supported, including technology.
- Experience of having worked in a Corporate/matrix environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Proven organizational, project management, analytical, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including experience of dealing with executive and senior management levels
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management in a courteous and efficient manner
- Proven ability of using their initiative in challenging situations
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Detail-oriented and ability to maintain confidentiality over data handled and manage multiple tasks.
- Advanced computer and IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
Job Field : Adminstration & Secretarial
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 28-Nov-2016, 20:00:46 Unposting Date : 29-Nov-2016, 23:59:00
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: