- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Regional Maintainer – Lines – UTS 3
Date: Nov 29, 2021
Location: Huntsville, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43704 – Huntsville – Regular – Ongoing
Safety Comes First is a core value at Hydro One, and we remain committed to taking every reasonable precaution to ensure a respectful, safe and healthy working environment. Further to this commitment, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. Employees will be required to either be fully vaccinated or undergo regular rapid antigen testing in order to access a Hydro One worksite.
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Under the direction of the UTS 2/FLM/COM, carry out and supervise staff involved in the construction and maintenance of distribution lines, transmission lines and associated apparatus, including erection of poles and structures for distribution & transmission power lines.
- Maintain power service to electrical customers, including troubleshooting and restoring of electrical power during emergencies.
- Install, connect and repair underground, submarine and overhead conductors to service customers.
- Perform approved live line work using live line tools, rubber gloves and barehand techniques.
- Install various types of metering equipment and maintain and repair street and sentinel lighting.
- Understand and operate motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Organize staff and material efficiently and ensure that the proper vehicles, tools and equipment are available and maintained in good working order.
- Train and further develop staff, monitor work for safety, production and quality.
- Be prepared to accept an equitable portion of trouble call service and emergency work outside of normal work hours.
- Job Planning and knowledge of work management systems are required.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have a Grade XII or equivalent, plus eight years’ experience in all phases of the line business.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability and a high standard of safety and efficiency.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the Distribution Standards Manual, Work Methods Manual, Work Protection Code, Hydro One Safety Rules and Trades Supervisory Criteria and Responsibility Matrix.
- Must demonstrate a high standard of relations with staff and customers.
- Previous experience in a supervisory position, either as a UTS3 or gained through prolonged step-up would be a definite asset.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: December 13, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: