Zurich is currently hiring a Reinsurance Manager in our Canadian Business Unit (BU). This role reports into the Head of Reinsurance Management within Group Reinsurance, Zurich’s central Reinsurance function, and the CFO of Zurich’s Canadian BU.
This role will have the responsibility for developing and executing a reinsurance strategy to support our business strategy and plan in Canada.
In line with the global reinsurance strategy, the Reinsurance Manager will act independently and work under minimal direction and is responsible for the development and execution of our reinsurance strategy. This includes alignment of our treaty level reinsurance strategy with stakeholders, developing a marketing plan using data, negotiations with reinsurers, conclusion, documentation, and signing of highly complex treaty reinsurance agreements in accordance to the personal underwriting authority granted by the Group.
This is an opportunity to be part of a Global team at Zurich and manage both Canadian and Global third-party treaty reinsurance agreements. This is also an opportunity to become highly engaged in global reinsurance.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Reinsurance industry, or
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Reinsurance industry.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytics skillset (cat modeling, economic capital, actuarial pricing, etc.).
- Business partnering experience.
- Negotiation experience.
- Insurance industry experience
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
- Positioned as an objective business partner, develops, and aligns treaty level reinsurance strategies, in conjunction with key stakeholders, to support our business strategy and plan in Canada. This includes treaty structural optimization and scope of cover.
- Executes treaty reinsurance agreements, which includes managing a data call process, communicating, and negotiating with reinsurance partners, contract development, execution, and documentation of reinsurance agreements.
- Works closely with Group Reinsurance and Canadian BU Analytics colleagues and utilizes their input and findings in the decision-making process.
- Collect and validate exposure and experience information from Business Units. Release data calls, perform quality control, and analysis of data received including aggregation of information for submission.
- Ensure data is suitable for external and internal treaty pricing purposes.
- Responsible for the Supports Zurich Risk Policy compliance and governance requirements for the reinsurance business and takes action to ensure they are met.
- Actively supports and promotes relationship management with the Zurich Business Units, and where applicable, supports the relationship management of attributed cedents, reinsurers, and/or reinsurance brokers.
- Supports Treaty Premium Planning & Analysis for assigned business.
- Oversees treaty contract compliance.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.