Reporting to the Supervisor, Reference and Outreach, this position will take a lead role in the provision of reference services including delivery of online reference services and the coordination of social media initiatives to enhance customer experience and engagement at the Archives. The primary functions associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts research and analysis related to program area
- Collects, maintains and analyzes data
- Conducts field studies, surveys and audits as appropriate
- Analyzes, researches and prepares reports relating to social media and reference activities
- Researches and analyzes programs and makes recommendations in the use of social media to improve delivery of archival reference services
- Compiles, analyzes and correlates data and prepares reports and studies for submission to management and/or council on program related matters
- Assists with administrative support and operational duties for the Division
- Assists in preparation of the annual budget for the Division
- Develops and maintains statistical reports and other appropriate records for the Division
- Provides information and liaises with other organizations
- Prepares reports, and provides assistance to City and outside agencies and committees
- Develops, designs and delivers presentations
- Answers inquiries regarding program area
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in the archives, heritage, library or a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience developing social media initiatives and using social media tools to increase public engagement and outreach.
- Considerable experience organizing and managing projects, processes and work teams.
- Experience in a customer service environment dealing directly with the public and staff through multiple channels (i.e. e-mail, social media, in-person, and groups).
- Experience in reference research services and identification of resources.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
You must also have:
- Ability to manage and develop relationships with customers and partners.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work effectively, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with diverse client groups and stakeholders for community engagement and partnership development.
- General knowledge of Toronto’s history, and municipal government structure, services, policies and programs.
- Ability taking initiative and identifying opportunities for researcher/user engagement for the enhancement of services and programs.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and establish good working relationships with staff at all levels in the organization as well as external clients.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing, financial and administrative policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, including sensitivity to public sector information access and confidentiality requirements, and political neutrality.
- Ability to lift/move boxes up to 30lbs in weight.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at [email protected], quoting Job ID Research Analyst #2261569X