- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Assists senior risk manager in implementing Zurich’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework and running an efficient and effective risk management function at a small local business area, Business Unit or function level, ensuring a consistent and efficient adherence to the Group’s risk management framework. Supports promotion of sound risk awareness culture by linking strategy, day-to-day business execution and reward system to risk, in order to support the decision making process for business area, Business Unit or function.
• Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Insurance or Risk Management area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 4 or more years of experience in the Insurance or Risk Management area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Insurance or Risk Management area
• Microsoft Office experience
• Knowledge of risk and controls
• Ability to balance priorities and multi-task
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytic problem solving
• Excellent time management skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong priority and multi-tasking skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Knowledge of risk and controls
• Insurance industry experience
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Provide senior risk management with information required to enable a 360 degree view of risk of the business or functional area in scope.
• Conducts risk assessments and investigations according to priorities assigned.
• Flag significant matters of concerning risks for assigned areas to senior risk management.
• Provide support in all risk management activities for a business area, business unit or function and represent the risk function in case of absence.
• Provide support for Risk Governance and Risk Reporting processes (for example Assurance Coordination, Risk & Control Committee, Risk Reporting).
• Provide support for Zurich Risk Policy Adherence and monitoring process .
• Provide support for and conducting operational risk management activities (for example risk assessments or implementing other risk framework components).
• Support senior risk management in partnering with business/functional management.
• Compile risk reports based on available information, providing consistent and reliable information for risk-related decision taking.
• Support the risk management function in the promotion of the Group Risk Management Framework to ensure it is sufficiently understood and implemented in the organization
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: