Sales Account Manager
Date: Aug 31, 2020
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
38963 – Toronto – Temporary – 12 months
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
*Please note that this position will be a sales contract role with a new Hydro One subsidiary
Hydro One is currently looking for a talented Sales Account Manager to join their team on a contract basis. Hydro One Energy Management Services (EMS) provides tailored commercial behind-the-meter energy solutions comprised of battery storage and combined heat and power (CHP) to help Commercial & Industrial (C&I) customers manage their energy spending and reduce operating costs. The offerings would be focused on 1) Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) or 2) Global Adjustment Power Savings Agreement.
If you are a self-starter with a proven sales track record with an innate ability to build executive relationships, articulate solutions and develop business strategies, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate should have a passion for trying to hunt new business opportunities and is experienced with crafting and proposing energy solutions, with new prospective clients. Candidate should be ready for a new and exciting opportunity with a boutique organization backed by a trusted and well-known parent company.
As a contract Sales Account Manager at Hydro One EMS you will:
- Identify, target and pursue new customer relationships and acquire new accounts
- Accurately and authentically represent Hydro One EMS solutions to the market
- Demonstrate strong technical and business knowledge in energy management solutions (Battery Energy Storage, CHP, or PV Solar with Storage) with the ability to listen and understand customer business requirements and align to Hydro One EMS offerings in order to close strategic opportunities
- Proactively engage with customers to discuss their energy needs and articulate the solution advantages for addressing them
- Communicate a complex technical vision in a clear manner and communicate complete solutions to mid-level and senior customer executives
- Oversee Account Management and New Business Development activities including CRM management, account planning, relationship mapping, forecasting, pipeline development and customer satisfaction measurement
- Engage resources within suppliers, including sales engineers, to drive technical excellence with respect to EMS solution development, competitive analysis, proposal development and all exchanges with customers
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to ensure a smooth project implementation
- Develop and maintain relationships with our partners
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate with peers, partners and customers
- Update management regularly, report and forecast activities and opportunities
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE/ Selection Criteria:
- 5+ years of field sales experience selling energy solutions (Battery Energy Storage, Combined Heat and Power (CHP), or PV Solar with Storage)
- 5+ years of successful sales and account management experience in following industries: Manufacturing (Metal, Paper, Chemical, Wood), Transportation & Warehousing (Cold Storage Warehousing, Airports, Pipelines), Data Centers, Agriculture (Greenhouses, Food Production)
- Proven and quantifiable track record of strong sales figures
- University/College graduate (preference for engineering background)
- Engineer with Sales (or Certified Engineering Technologist) is considered an asset
- Technical or business diploma/degree is considered an asset
- Strong understanding and experience with selling to any of the following industries: Manufacturing (Metal, Paper, Chemical, Wood), Transportation & Warehousing (Cold Storage Warehousing, Airports, Pipelines), Data Centers, Agriculture (Greenhouses, Food Production)
- Exceptional communication skills – written & verbal, and presentation skills
- Success with selling to C-level management teams
- Demonstrated experience managing large customers
- Skilled at outbound selling and comfortable with cold calling
- Exceptional Business analysis skills to create winning bids
- Strong negotiation skills with a track record of closing deals successfully
- Goal orientated – A self-starter who takes ownership and has a high level of attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills – with both an internal and external focus
- Ability to travel is required. Some business travel required in Ontario (client, supplier and partner meetings and industry events)
- Ability to lead co-workers, manufacturers and others to develop and present solutions
- Working with the sales team to develop a market analysis to plan and execute sales strategy
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, specifications, architectural sketches, construction documents detailed take-offs is considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 25, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.