Securities Law Clerk
|Number of positions:
||Toronto, Ontario (CA-ON)
||GNRL CNSL (10005499)
|Duration of rotation:
- Provide law clerk support services for the Manager, Board Relations.
- Provide strategic approach to entity governance across our organization, compliance with legislation and help manage governance risks.
- Assist in the coordination of board activities, including logistics, preparing resolutions and materials for board members.
- Ability to work independently at times as well as in a team environment.
- Prepare and file articles and corporate documentation relation to incorporations, partnerships, organizations, amendments, continuances, amalgamations and dissolutions.
- Preparing all stock exchange (TSX) and, SEDI filings as required.
- Conducting searches of public company information on SEDAR and EDGAR.
- Liaise with Hydro One’s Transfer Agent and Equity Plan manager.
- Reviewing continuous disclosure documents (i.e., news releases, material change reports).
- Prepare and maintain corporate records, including by-laws, resolutions, registers and ledgers
- Updating minute book information and maintaining minute book filings for the reporting companies and subsidiaries.
- Assisting in drafting annual and special meeting materials including proxy materials, scripts, minutes, etc
- Provide assistance with the organization of Board meetings including logistics, material preparation etc.
- Provide administrative support.
Selection Criteria/ Essential Knowledge:
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point.
- Working knowledge of securities law, instruments, rules, forms and policies in Ontario.
- This knowledge is considered to be acquired either through the successful completion of a college diploma in a relevant law clerk program, University degree or equivalent experience. Completion of an ILCO Corporate course considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years experience as a Corporate Legal Assistant or Law Clerk in a similar role in a law firm or in-house corporate secretariat required.
- Requires a high proficiency in English grammar to prepare concise and effective correspondence, reports, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner within the department and with staff in other departments is essential.
- Strong attention to detail to be able to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know. Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline: May 10, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.