- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Advisor, Regulatory Accounting and External Reporting
Date: Jan 11, 2022
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43713 – Toronto – Regular –
Safety Comes First is a core value at Hydro One, and we remain committed to taking every reasonable precaution to ensure a respectful, safe and healthy working environment. Further to this commitment, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. Employees will be required to either be fully vaccinated or undergo regular rapid antigen testing in order to access a Hydro One worksite.
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Support the Corporate Controller’s objective of maintaining financial integrity, compliance and effective financial reporting and internal control
- Manage Regulatory accounting and reporting for Hydro One entities, with direct responsibility for most Hydro One entities and as an expert advisor for affiliates:
- Manage monthly & quarterly accounting and reporting requirements
- Take ownership of external regulatory accounting financial disclosures
- Prepare evidence in support of rate applications and other regulatory requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise for regulatory accounting & reporting to various organizational groups
- Support the filing of the quarterly and annual Reporting and Record Keeping Requirements (RRR) with the OEB
- Manage the Environmental Liability process: coordinate the annual provision process, review data provided by the operational groups and provide accounting expertise, prepare the year-end financial disclosure note
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated US GAAP financial statements.
- Manage the regulatory finance integration of incoming subsidiaries.
- Support Investor Relations with respect to Regulatory Finance matters/questions.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of US GAAP principles, regulatory principles and OSC & SEC reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance and Finance support for Mergers & Acquisition due diligence activities.
- Prepare submissions to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires strong, demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial reporting and prior experience with US GAAP/IFRS, OSC requirements and SEC requirements. Requires strong knowledge of the regulatory environment for utilities in Ontario and demonstrated experience with regulatory accounting, reporting and applications. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the successful completion of a four year university education in business administration or commerce with an accounting or finance major and a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA), along with at least 5 years of relevant experience. External audit experience would be considered an asset.
- Requires experience in the establishment and interpretation of regulatory and accounting policies and guidelines.
- Requires experience with the overall operation and functions of major organizational groups, interrelationships within the organization, policy and planning practices and a thorough understanding of how all these aspects are reflected through the management structure of the organization.
- Requires experience to be familiar with ERP (SAP preferred), Workiva (Wdesk), internal controls, policies, procedures and securities legislation.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts and to prepare technical reports.
Demonstrated Management Skills:
- Achievement Motivation – concern for working well or for competing against a standard of excellence
- Analytical thinking – ability to understand a situation by segmenting and tracing implications step by step
- Client – Service Orientation – desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs
- Developing Others – takes action to foster the long-term learning or development of others
- Directiveness – able to insist others comply with one’s wishes where the power of one’s position is used appropriately and effectively, with the long-term good of the organization in mind
- Impact and Influence – able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others
- Initiative – takes action, proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions
- Information seeking – ability to acquire information relevant to the achievement of valued goals
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately when interacting with individuals and groups
- Strategic business thinking – ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to making management decisions for achieving business objectives
- Team leadership – ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group
- Teamwork – able to work with others as part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Outlook, etc…).
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: November 29, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: