Senior Development Coordinator
For over two decades, Matrix360 has been at the forefront of building and transforming the commercial real estate and development (CRED) landscape for diverse and inclusive teams. We continue to work in partnership with our clients to deliver solutions as Canada’s leader for talent management and workplace strategy.
We are committed to contributing to the transformation of our industry, evolving workplaces to be a greater pathway to access to opportunities, and the creation of possibilities for all people.
Our underlying value system is centered around the education and promotion of Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in the workplace. A human-centered approach and connectivity are at the core of everything we do – including sourcing and placing talent; advising and guiding leaders on how to implement more equitable workplace policies and frameworks; and creating impact in workplace cultures of excellence.
We are the platform invested in championing Diversity and Equity in the CRED industry
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for all individuals in employment, services, programs, and activities. If you require accommodation or this information in an alternative format at any stage of the search process, contact David Bendea, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 416 703 3400 extension 2300.
About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing entrepreneurial real estate developer focused on building residential buildings that are unique, and boutique, and address the missing middle in the GTA. They are community builders who aspire to contribute to the betterment of the urban experience for people. The Partners have over 30 years of experience working with large institutional real estate developers and blend a merchant developer mentality with institutional discipline and a keen eye for design.
Senior Development Coordinator
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Senior Development Coordinator to support the growing pipeline of development projects, reporting to the Partner. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated relationship builder, with a passion for city building, and a desire to join an entrepreneurial team. In addition, they will be able to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment and work directly with the leadership team and JV partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of residential infill projects in Toronto and possess a strong ability to manage projects from inception, through design, approvals, sales and marketing, and construction. The person is a driven professional with a positive and collaborative attitude, who is excited about joining a growing team and having fun.
The compensation package range is $75,000 – $100,000 plus a bonus based on the level of industry experience and exposure. Our client is an advocate for equity and diversity and recognizes the importance of leadership engagement within its framework.
- Work alongside the leadership team to oversee development strategy and pipeline growth
- Support assembling, submitting, and managing all Municipal Regulatory Approvals and Building Permit applications across all projects
- Assist with developing and maintaining relationships with municipal and elected officials and advising leadership on evolving Planning and Regulatory Legislation
- Co-facilitate and co-manage Public Participatory Process in municipal approvals
- Assist with all municipal and physical Due Diligence Activities to support new property acquisitions
- Oversee the Business Plan and Pro-Forma –provide input as to the various business plan assumptions and will maintain project performance against Budgets
- Support procurement and assembly of multi-disciplinary Development Design Team – Architects, Engineers, Planners, Urban Designers, Landscape Architect, Lawyers
- Co-facilitate Design and Development process and plan refinement
- Contribute to Project Reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Liaising with Project Partners and Development Counterparts
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate development
- Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Engineering, or Real Estate (Development or Finance)
- Experience with project coordination or project management of active development files
- Knowledge of planning policy and architectural drawings
- Ability to problem solve effectively and adept at presenting complex information clearly and concisely
- Collaborative attitude with the capacity and willingness to manage multiple tasks by being flexible/adaptable and responding to changing circumstances
- Excels in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and enjoys new challenges
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal with a successful track record in working with stakeholders of multiple disciplines
- Highly collaborative and self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Friendly and professional demeanor with a positive attitude
- Interest in attending professional development events, networking events, and conferences
- Skilled in the use of Word, Outlook, and Excel
If you are interested in this position and would like to join a successful and dynamic organization, please forward your resume in Word format to: email@example.com or please call 416.703.3400